Fair Credit Reporting Act Disclosure

ForNever510

Forum Probie
:unsure::blush:

Hello everyone, I had a question and needed some advice on a small issue.

I'm about to submitt my first application in search for a Job with either AMR or First Responder, and on the application i stumbled about the "Fair Credit Reporting Act Disclosure" page.

My Question would be will my employers check my credit score or my previous employment information?

The only reason why it might be sort of an issuel is because the first job i ever had i got fired from (when i was 17, now 21) and it was because of a freakin issue with my scheduling & didn't want to work school-conflicting hours.

I dont want to put this as a reference and have to explain this to ANY employer and i haven't in the past because.....Well because in my opinion that dumb incident doesn't reflect my true character whatsoever and i don't think i should of got fired. If I don't include this on my app, do you think AMR or First Responder will find out? I don't mean to be dishonest or anything...but ya'll know where i'm going w/ this.

Any Suggestions? Similar experiences?

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
Hockey, don't underestimate people. The last 2 jobs I had both ran credit reports on me before being hired. I found out because the credit scoring company is required to send you a letter saying your info was accessed.(It was something like that at least).

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
They either want your score, or, to find out about past employment, or both. Your best bet, just tell them about the other job.

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
There are a LOT of people now with really bad credit reports and credit scores. Don't feel bad if yours is less than perfect.

JonTullos

Forum Captain
It's been my experience that a lot of companies use consumer reports to investigate your past employment and this is covered under the FCRA. There are companies that will check your credit but I highly doubt an EMS would... however, I wouldn't say that it's not possible. Overall I wouldn't worry about it. Most of the time, when they check your past employment, it's to make sure you actually worked there. Very few companies will disclose why you left because of fear of a lawsuit (and there have been suits filed and won because an employer disclosed that information).

Bottom line: I wouldn't worry about it. :)

Jon

Hockey

Quackers
Does anybody know the percentage of people in EMS/Public Safety with terrible credit right now? I remember actually reading it somewhere recently

IIRC, the number was upward of 40%...maybe higher

OP
OP
F

ForNever510

Forum Probie
My next question would be, has anyone of you ever been fired from a Job and put that "You have" been fired, and still got hired on as a EMT-1 or EMT-P?

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
My next question would be, has anyone of you ever been fired from a Job and put that "You have" been fired, and still got hired on as a EMT-1 or EMT-P?

It all depends upon the reason for discharge.

R/r 911