Failed...:'(

KempoEMT

Forum Lieutenant
So I had my midterm last week. The required grade to pass the written portion and continue in the class, was an 80. I got a 78. I missed it by two points!!!! So I gotta retake the class next semester.:sad::sad::sad:

AMPEMT85

Forum Probie
So I had my midterm last week. The required grade to pass the written portion and continue in the class, was an 80. I got a 78. I missed it by two points!!!! So I gotta retake the class next semester.:sad::sad::sad:

I'm sorry, that's awful! You were so close though...you'll get it next time! It says you're from Northern California...I proctor an EMT class up there and we're the same way with grading...any chance you could've been in our class?! :unsure:

tydek07

Forum Captain
You will get it next time

Hey man, sorry to hear that. You will get it next time, just don't give up :D

Take Care and good luck in the future,

lizhiniatsos

Forum Crew Member
Dang! It can indeed be tough the first time around....just know that you are one among many who have taken the course more than once before coming to a postive end (or new beginning, depending on how you look at it)...yeah, I know, little consolation in that fact but still, it's a good thing so remember...you'll be geared up and better prepared this next time and if this is something you really want then, with hard work and determination, you WILL succeed!!

Best wishes friend~

JonTullos

Forum Captain
D'oh! I'm sorry to hear that. Try to learn from the experience and kick its A-double-crooked-letter next semester!

NRCCEMTP26

Forum Probie
Ok.....Now you know not what to do. The silverlining in the cloud is that you can retain enough information to kick the hell out of the next test. please keep your head up, you will do great next time

jochi1543

Forum Captain
That sucks. Our school lets you rewrite up to 2 times (you have to pay for the 2nd rewrite). But it doesn't mean that people who will eventually pass on the 3rd try will get through the provincial exam, where the pass rate is about 2/3.

Emtint08

Forum Crew Member
Cheer up

I know the feeling. I am 43 and I went all the way through my intermediate class and passed everything. But for whatever reason, I choked, absolutley CHOKED, on one of my scenarios. Now I am round two in Intermediate class with a whole new appreciation and confidence that I lacked before. Besides, I cannot imagine having to do this a third time!!! There is no shame in having to do it again. I am doing it again, but it is true, you really do get a new confidence level and appreciation that may have been lacking before. Even now, with my clinicals, I am struggling still, but passing with very high grades and enthusiasm. Dont let this discourage you or get you down. You can be a model for those just coming in. ;)

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
I failed one of my NREMT Intermediate practicals. Had to study again and retake it. It was really demoralizing to fail it but when I did it again I rocked it!