Failed the NREMT 6 times

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
If that's what you really want, your already going to have to retake the EMT course from scratch.
Find a different school this time. Maybe a different instructor(s) will have different teaching methods that are better suited for you.

staytrye330

Forum Ride Along
I just got my results back from my sixth test at the EMT level and I failed. I’m not sure what to do now and I need help. Also I’m wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience to me. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
I've been out of the EMS industry for awhile but I struggled too.

This was my mind set to pass.
-Self and partner safety is always first.
- Know your meds, when, how, and dosage.
- what do you do first is the answer to most of the scenarios.
- narrow down answers to two
-most long answers that give most info are usually right if you had to guess.
-know your skills for trauma, medical etc and when to and what for.

Break everything down. I know the books are very large. Keep taking practice tests till you vommit. Good luck, don't quit.

LumpyTrumpet22

Forum Ride Along
I just got my results back from my sixth test at the EMT level and I failed. I’m not sure what to do now and I need help. Also I’m wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience to me. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
You should try getting the NREMT Crash Course on Amazon for about $14. It saved my life.

jjyi24

Forum Probie
If you do decide EMS/Fire is the way you wanna go, look into taking an accelerated EMT course. Hopefully, you've retained some knowledge from your first course, and can use that to help yourself with the accelerated course. That way, you can take all of the practice tests and course exams, while getting advice from instructors/ classmates, without spending 4+ months on it. Then take the NR ASAP after your class finishes. The info will be fresh again. I personally took the NOLS WEMT course in Wyoming, and thought it was amazing. Fast paced, intense, 1.5 mo long course, with additional lessons in Wilderness Medicine. Instructors really care too. And it's residential, which is nice to study with friends. Best of luck to you man.