Failed the NREMT 6 times

Even918

Forum Ride Along
I just got my results back from my sixth test at the EMT level and I failed. I’m not sure what to do now and I need help. Also I’m wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience to me. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

planetmike

Forum Lieutenant
Oof. That's rough. Unfortunately after six unsuccessful attempts you need to retake the entire EMT course should you decide you want to continue into the world of EMS.

Look at your NREMT account. It should tell you what areas you need to focus in your studying. I'm not sure how it shows the details for each attempt. Are you consistently missing one area? Or are you almost there in different topics each time?

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
I’m not understanding how one can’t pass after six tries.

mgr22

Forum Deputy Chief
I see you're 20. I envy you. You have decades ahead of you to try stuff. What else interests you besides EMS?

OP
OP
E

Even918

Forum Ride Along
Oof. That's rough. Unfortunately after six unsuccessful attempts you need to retake the entire EMT course should you decide you want to continue into the world of EMS.

Look at your NREMT account. It should tell you what areas you need to focus in your studying. I'm not sure how it shows the details for each attempt. Are you consistently missing one area? Or are you almost there in different topics each time?
It’s weird because the results on every test are different. On each test I’m above passing in one category but below passing in the others. If only some how I could just combine all my test results I could have above passing in each category

OP
OP
E

Even918

Forum Ride Along
I see you're 20. I envy you. You have decades ahead of you to try stuff. What else interests you besides EMS?
Well the main reason I took the EMT program is for firefighter since thats my dream job. But now after failing 6 times I’m not sure if that job is right for me since I can’t get emt certified

OP
OP
E

Even918

Forum Ride Along
I’m not understanding how one can’t pass after six tries.
I don’t understand either. It’s just really frustrating considering it’s almost been 2 years since I graduated and I still can’t pass after all the studying I’ve done

isolina4845

Forum Ride Along
I just got my results back from my sixth test at the EMT level and I failed. I’m not sure what to do now and I need help. Also I’m wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience to me. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
some people get very nervous and too nervous to take an exam.
the best thing is read all the chapters and try to understand it not memorizing it.
basically you need to understand all the chapters.

besides skill sets and assessment.

isolina4845

Forum Ride Along

basically lots of reading

mgr22

Forum Deputy Chief
Well the main reason I took the EMT program is for firefighter since thats my dream job. But now after failing 6 times I’m not sure if that job is right for me since I can’t get emt certified
Do you have to be an EMT to be a firefighter?

Chris EMT J

Forum Lieutenant
I recommend the Paramedic coach video vault. https://www.paramediccoach.com/homepage it helped me get my EMT basic and advance and I plan to use it again for my medic whenever I get around to it.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Did you take any test taking strategy classes? What did you use for test prep?

It’s all academic now, because you’ll need to complete another EMT program, but there is a fundamental disconnect in the way you study or retain information and the way you test. I suggest Dan Limmer’s NREMT Strategy workshop after your next class.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
you might not want to hear this, but you have taken the test 6 times, and failed 6 times... It might be test anxiety, but it sounds like you don't know the material to the competency level that is expected of you (and yes, you need to know all of the areas to pass). maybe this isn't for you?

OP
OP
E

Even918

Forum Ride Along
you might not want to hear this, but you have taken the test 6 times, and failed 6 times... It might be test anxiety, but it sounds like you don't know the material to the competency level that is expected of you (and yes, you need to know all of the areas to pass). maybe this isn't for you?
I see what you’re saying but I also spend just about a year and a half to get my associates degree in fire technology so to give up on it now would be a waste imo but I really don’t want to take the whole class again

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I see what you’re saying but I also spend just about a year and a half to get my associates degree in fire technology so to give up on it now would be a waste imo but I really don’t want to take the whole class again
You have no options aside from taking the class again.

However, you should take it somewhere else, because that education institute didn’t do you any favors.