Expiration, and renewal

HNcorpsman

Forum Lieutenant
hello everybody... my name is greg and i am in the navy as a hospital corpsman 8404... i am certified in NREMT-B but my expiration date is coming soon... right, now i am overseas in japan, and wont be back until after the date that my card expires... will NREMT give me an extension until i can get back to the states so i can take the refresher classes and fulfill the reqs to get my renewal? any help would be greatly appreciated.

thank you.

Sasha

Forum Chief
hello everybody... my name is greg and i am in the navy as a hospital corpsman 8404... i am certified in NREMT-B but my expiration date is coming soon... right, now i am overseas in japan, and wont be back until after the date that my card expires... will NREMT give me an extension until i can get back to the states so i can take the refresher classes and fulfill the reqs to get my renewal? any help would be greatly appreciated.

thank you.

contacting the nremt directly will be your best bet or wait for Rid to answer, anyone else may possibly have no idea what they are talking about.

OP
OP
HNcorpsman

HNcorpsman

Forum Lieutenant
thanks. who is rid?

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief

thank you.

eeii.org

"Online" EMT and Paramedic refreshers...complete, get your completion letter, have someone sign you off at your base and you are good to go.

Basically you download the course, fill it out completely, mail it in for grading and then wait for your cert or if you call they will email a copy to you.

I have written about this many times before, used them several times personally for my medic cert while overseas and neither the state nor NR have had issue with it.

OP
OP
HNcorpsman

HNcorpsman

Forum Lieutenant
awesome!!! thank you.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
"Who's rid"?

Anyone else notice the silence?
My man, read some threads outside the military/wilderness department. Rid is amongst our pantheon of EMS gurus, and smart to boot.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
NREMT does have some sort of provision for active military...please contact NREMT asap.

Ditto... Your expiration should not be up until March of next year, but as described notify them ASAP and they will work with you.

R/r 911

OP
OP
HNcorpsman

HNcorpsman

Forum Lieutenant
thanks everyone...