Experianced Medic, relocation ideas?

Wes

Forum Lieutenant
Each of these services have their own pro's and con's, but look at the northern side of Houston namely Harris County Emergency Corps, Cypress Creek EMS, and Montgomery County Hospital District.

I'd also echo the recommendation for Grady as far as crap-storms.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Are we using high murder rates to decide where to live...?

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Big cities are big cities, Boston is probably pretty average nation wide for penetrating trauma, which IMO is a poor reason to pick a service. As stated, if the area is rough, the service often is too. BEMS A3 is pretty busy isn't it?

medicsb

Forum Asst. Chief
Look up the most dangerous cities per capita and see which ones A. have nice neighborhoods that you could live in or B. allow you to live outside the city.

Philadelphia Fire Department is very busy (probably busier than any service mentioned yet) and has a good amount of violence, though EMS has to compete with PD for the shooting victims. PFD likes to burn through medics and the medical director doesn't have high standards, but there are some damn good medics working there. PFD is hires frequently

I would imagine that Detroit FD has a good amount of turnover and is busy similar to Philly, and, they do have a per-capita murder rate that is twice that of Philly.

Newark NJ is covered by University Hospital EMS, which probably has one of the busiest ALS services in the US. Have fun trying to get hired with only transport experience, I don't know how much leeway they'd give you with only BLS 911 experience, even if its in Boston.