EMT Written Testing - CO to MA, info needed

Skip-Intro

Forum Ride Along
Hey all,

I have been lurking this site for a while and decided to join and seek a little assistance.
I am in the process of transferring my EMT cert from Colorado to Massachusetts.
MA said all I need to do is take the written test and I am all set.
My question is, is what is good source for review material? I am a little rusty, but I pretty much still know my stuff, test-wise.
Are the online sites that offer practice tests and refreshers a good source for review material. I still have my notes from when I took the CO test, but I was looking for a something that has been updated (I took the test in CO about 2-3 years ago).

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

jrm818

Forum Captain
Assuming we're talking about basic,

One source is the MA protocols themselves. For better or for worse, the protocols are hundreds of pages long. Most conditions have a paragraph or two introduction about the general pathophysiology and treatment priorities of the disorder. The information in those paragraphs is included on the test, and some of it may not have been covered in your EMT-B class. When I tested from out of state I basically just read the protocols the day before and did fine, although I was fresh out of class.

Good luck.

medic258

Forum Crew Member
Where are you relocating to? Just curious. Brady put out a study guide a number of years ago that was as close as I have seen to the Mass test. It will matter when you take the test. From what I understand they are in the process of changing the exam. Good luck on the test. FYI, I was told it does not shut off after you pass. You have to take the whole test. I may be wrong and if I am I am sure someone will be along to correct me.

MassEMT-B

Forum Captain
I took my MA test in June and it does not stop until all 120 questions (I think it was) are complete. You should study the MA protocols because they differ a little from the book I had in my class. Like the MA protocol say to not give nitro if the BP is under 100 while I am pretty sure my book said under 90. Good luck. Hope you have better luck finding a job here than I am.

infantryscott

Forum Ride Along
MA test is generated from a Brady based test generator, I took it in June, I still have my EMT book if you want it and u can study off that.

infantryscott

Forum Ride Along
MASS EMTB Alert is hiring right now as is Cataldo, EAScare is normally hiring, Fallon will not be putting any basics on until after new year, my advice, fill out online apps then phone and email until you get a reply like clock work every three days. Brewster is looking as well.