EMT School in Austin

nr123

Forum Ride Along
Hi!I am looking to get certified as an EMT in Austin.Can someone suggest any good schools?Any first hand experience at those schools would be especially helpful.

Jawom

Forum Ride Along
I work for Acadian Ambulance and like working for them. I did not go to their EMT school, but have heard good things about it. You can also ask and they might pay you back the school costs if go to work for them.

OP
OP
N

nr123

Forum Ride Along
Hey do u have Reddit?I need to dm u some questions about it.
I work for Acadian Ambulance and like working for them. I did not go to their EMT school, but have heard good things about it. You can also ask and they might pay you back the school costs if go to work for them.

Hey do u have Reddit?If u do can u post ur Reddit so that I can dm u?Its much easier to dm on Reddit.

Jawom

Forum Ride Along
No, I dont have Reddit.

You could also consider the EMT School I went. https://texasemsacademy.com/. It is 14 days at 12 hours per day. It is Corpus Christi. I got a hotel room there and it worked great. The instructors were very good. It is intense, but you get it over with quick. I passed the NREMT test on my first try.

OP
OP
N

nr123

Forum Ride Along
No, I dont have Reddit.

You could also consider the EMT School I went. https://texasemsacademy.com/. It is 14 days at 12 hours per day. It is Corpus Christi. I got a hotel room there and it worked great. The instructors were very good. It is intense, but you get it over with quick. I passed the NREMT test on my first try.
Hey. So I have a couple of questions about both programs. R the emt programs for National EMS and Texas EMS offered over the summer?R the instructors chill with the grading,or are they strict?Also,what is the drop out rate/nremt pass rate?

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
Hey. So I have a couple of questions about both programs. R the emt programs for National EMS and Texas EMS offered over the summer?R the instructors chill with the grading,or are they strict?Also,what is the drop out rate/nremt pass rate?
Go on their websites. All that data should be there.

Jawom

Forum Ride Along
Go on their websites. All that data should be there.
I only know about the Texas EMS Academy that I went to. The instructors were very good. They worked to make sure we all know the material. Everyone passed. This of this as a Professional School where you go to learn and not just some collage offering EMT classes that worry more about grades. Be at class everyday (you have to or by law they can not pass you. State law requires the hours) pay attention, ask questions and do some reading at night. You will pass. It is only 14 days and that include the practice days and rotations on ambulances and at ERs. The instructors make it their job to get you to learn the material and pass. I used an online study guide to help get ready for the NREMT test, but I think everybody does. The school had deal with one that you could use for free. Call them with questions. They are helpful.

Rano Pano

Forum Lieutenant
Just for my own curiosity - did you happen to type & search “EMT School Austin TX” in google?