EMT Class Class participation ideas

fyrfyter

Forum Probie
I am wondering what some things you may do in your classes as an instructor to increase class participation. Such as games that you may play, or group participation things you may due. Such as taking 2 coffee straws inserting them in to you mouth, holding your nose and doing a few sit-ups while breathing through the straws to simulate asthma. Also do you have any ipad apps or pc apps that you may use during class?

Theraphosidae

Forum Probie
We have a student intructor who comes in and does lectures from time to time. She's actually pretty funny! Uses a lot of props. Bleeding control this time, lots of fake wounds, a squirt gun to simulate blood spray, brought in a L of Sprite to show how much we had to lose before certain things happened to our body.

My teacher has us race. The mnemonics we use for NREMT are in a grid we have set up and we'll race for who can do it the fastest, winners pair off, losers pair off, and we round about. We're taking vitals every morning from 3 people in class for practice and eventually will race for that too (we're getting better as a class from this, went from an hour to about 30 minutes in a couple weeks, time to do your 3 and have 3 people do yours, 5 minutes each).

Near the end it DOES start getting silly, but it's fun! I know I learn a lot from it, you can't win if you don't know it all by heart!