EMT Certification Description

frdude1000

Forum Captain
I am going to be working at a medical facility. They would like to know what is in my "scope of practice" as an EMT-B. Does anybody know of or have a link to a sheet that maybe has all the skills we can perform? I just need something to attach to the copies of my certs so they understand what I can do. Thanks!

MedicBender

Forum Captain
Are you in MD? If so go to MIEMSS.org and print out the MD state protocols and highlight the BLS drugs and procedures

JPINFV

Gadfly
In general, you aren't operating under your license as an EMT when working in a medical facility. As such, the facility can train you in a wide variety of procedures that would otherwise be outside of your scope of practice as an EMT on an ambulance.

Iceman26

Forum Crew Member
In general, you aren't operating under your license as an EMT when working in a medical facility. As such, the facility can train you in a wide variety of procedures that would otherwise be outside of your scope of practice as an EMT on an ambulance.

This has been my understanding as well. I worked in an ER as a tech, and while I was technically an EMT, I was still enabled to do skills I wouldn't have been able to do in an ambulance/in the field as an EMT, such as drawing blood and starting IV's.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
As such, the facility can train you in a wide variety of procedures

Emphasis on this part.

On another note, do you not remember anything you were taught in class about your scope?

Just sayin'