EMT Basic school

Bender

Forum Ride Along
Hello, I am currently a 18yr old college freshman and after taking a 10 week Wilderness First responder course I decided that I would like to further explore EMS as a career.

I do have a few questions, with the EMT Basic, Intermediate certification If you get certified in one state how hard is it to change certification to another state?

What should I look for in a Basic program? here is the one I am looking at attending next year.
Linnbenton
Course List

Does it look like a good program? Eventually I would like to go to paramedic school if I enjoy EMT.

I am sure there are questions like this posted all the time so Thank you very much for taking the time to help me with mine.

JohnnyMedic

Forum Ride Along
Well, since the various states differ in EMS levels, some states having ranks such as EMT-Cardiac, Shock Trauma, etc. Reciprocity is something that should be evaluated on a state by state basis by reviewing that particular state's board of EMS web site and reading their reciprocity requirements. Sorry I could not be of more help. Good luck with your search.