EMT-B Infrequently Used Skills

TheMowingMonk

Forum Lieutenant
Hey Everyone,

Well I have an officers skills test soon for one of my squads and I know with these tests they always try and throw a curveball, usually something random that we rarely see like ectopic pregnancy and stuff. Im trying to review for it right now but im having trouble of thinking of things that are within our scope that they might toss my way, so I'm writing to see if you guys have any ideas on things I should review, let me know, thanks for the help!

el Murpharino

Forum Captain
Traction Splinting
The drugs that you can assist with administering
AED/CPR

Last edited by a moderator:

FFMedic1911

Forum Crew Member
KED,thats one not used as much as it should.Be up on your depts. protocols.Good chance it will pop up on the test.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Air splints. I have NEVER seen an air splint actually used, most splints I have seen are either vacuum splints (which I personally prefer) or the regular cardboard immobilize and ace bandage splint.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Bone up on the dept's protocols.

IF they reference a resource, bone up on IT.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
How about infrequently taught skills? Driving.

gillysaurus

Forum Lieutenant
Anything OB/Gyno, like child birth.

41 Duck

Forum Lieutenant
HARE traction splint, in addition to others previously mentioned.

MAST --heh. That's liable to set off a powderkeg, but what the Hey, they're still on a few rigs...

Later!

--Coop

OP
OP
TheMowingMonk

TheMowingMonk

Forum Lieutenant
thanks for all the responses, I took the test and passed, the mock call was carbon monoxide poisoning. A bit tricky but I got it, thanks again for the suggestions

tydek07

Forum Captain
Congrats on passing the test!

I will answer anyway, just in case someone is asking themself the same question as you were.

Peds/OB in general is a big one, as most people do not work with them every day and remember... kids are not "just little adults"

things like:

Vital signs for certain age groups
APGAR scale
Peds medications
Illnesses related to peds
etc etc

Last edited by a moderator: