EMS suntans...........

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
I would just like to say about doing medical standbys and the tan lines that one gets.......I think it's worse than a farmer's tan!!^_^

fma08

Forum Asst. Chief
can i get a Amen!! B)

mikeylikesit

Candy Striper
Its the worst part because they never let you sit under any shade for some reason.

OP
OP
Airwaygoddess

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
I used a sunblock of 70, and still got those wonderful tan lines!:rolleyes:

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Even better... when I first started working transport and was a non driver, my partner and I had matching tans... my right arm and his left arm :)

Around here, when we work events, we bring an eazy-up tarp with us... not a lot of shade, but some for treating the patient, and great if it rains a little.

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
In SAR we not only get tan lines, we get dirt lines. After our basic training weekends I come out of the shower about half as tan as I looked when I went in.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Hats too! And lean-to.

Ball caps are better than nothing, but a tasteful straw number is unmatched. Good luck getting that approved. Try being bald and doing standby in the sun!!

I second Jon (again). Preplan a means of deploying and rapidly disconnecting some sort of sunshade, makes it better for you, your patients, maybe keep the rig cooler if possible. Approach your employer, keep your sightlines clear, and put a safety streamer through the steering wheel or ignition saying "THOU SHALT NOT DRIVE OFF CODE THREE TRAILING THE LEAN-TO!!"

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Ball caps are better than nothing, but a tasteful straw number is unmatched. Good luck getting that approved. Try being bald and doing standby in the sun!!

00142703.zoom.a.jpg

I like it.

Or you could get this one, and replace the blue star with a star of life sticker:
2360.jpg

mdkemt

Forum Lieutenant
Hats are so last season! I hate those tans too...man oh man and if you think you can get rid of them...no such luck!

MDKEMT

babygirl2882

Forum Captain
Haha, riding on the stand by at the rodeo tomorrow and friday, pretty sure we get to spend the entire thing with the best seats and with the air conditioning!

Bosco578

Forum Captain

I second Jon (again). Preplan a means of deploying and rapidly disconnecting some sort of sunshade, makes it better for you, your patients, maybe keep the rig cooler if possible. Approach your employer, keep your sightlines clear, and put a safety streamer through the steering wheel or ignition saying "THOU SHALT NOT DRIVE OFF CODE THREE TRAILING THE LEAN-TO!!"

I wrap my head with Kling....

OP
OP
Airwaygoddess

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Happy 4th of July weekend!

Well folks, the weather is going to be beautiful this coming weekend, gee.... maybe if I am lucky, I will get some much needed color on my legs! ^_^ Maybe we should start a song about "EMS Tans" instead of "Farmer's Tans" LOL!:p

gradygirl

TROUBLE
All I can say is that at least you get sun on standbys. Last summer I worked at night and slept during the day, so I only ever saw the sun when it was going down or coming up! Definitely had the whole "ghostly white" thing going on...

68blackbird

Forum Probie

Combover has never come in so handy!

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
My irish heritage means I never go anywhere without my sunscreen, a hat, UV filtering, long sleeved shirt and I can always find the shady spot. My cuban husband refers to my skin color as "fishbelly white"

gradygirl

TROUBLE
My irish heritage means I never go anywhere without my sunscreen, a hat, UV filtering, long sleeved shirt and I can always find the shady spot. My cuban husband refers to my skin color as "fishbelly white"

My ex-boyfriend (while we were still dating) always referred to me as "butt, a$$ white"...maybe there's a reason we broke up...

imsquishy

Forum Probie
My ex-boyfriend (while we were still dating) always referred to me as "butt, a$$ white"...maybe there's a reason we broke up...

Wow Mr. Tact he ain't!

I love having my balding head get burned, that's so much fun people thinking I have dandruff or lice. "Nope just my skin peeling off."