EMS PLUS

LaceyA

Forum Crew Member
Anyone know anything about or worked for EMS Plus?

They are new here in Oklahoma and look like they are out of texas. Thinking of sending in my application.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Not new, they were a private bought by Guardian and their name is better than Guardian's, so Oklahoma Guardian is now EMS+. Not great, not terrible. Better than Life-Enid or Samaritan. Not as good as EMSA or Pafford.

OP
OP
LaceyA

LaceyA

Forum Crew Member
Well i was thinking of applying since EMSA does not do part time with out being on full time for 6 months first and i can leave my current job and take that big of a cut in pay. RIght now they pay the most for EMT-B, I know im apply for muskogee EMS but EMS Plus is alot closer to me than Muskogee.

RocketMedic

Lol what city are you in? I know Oklahoma EMS pretty well and can help. Pafford does part-time and covers Claremore.

RocketMedic

Pafford, Mercy, MEMS (eww), MEMSA, tribal, EMS+, the county southwest of Tulsa, and the folks to the Northwest. Possibly Alva.

AceThunderstone

Forum Probie
They're paying pretty well and have significantly improved EMS Plus. Which isn't saying much. They only do 911 in Glenpool as of now and are pushing hard for every IFT they can get. EMS Plus was a joke before Guardian so no one there is complaining and they've even poached a few medics just based on pay. I wouldn't put them above Samaritan but compared to all of your other options, they'll pay the best for the same work.

Okmulgee County is another close option. I know nothing about them though but I believe they do hire part time.

Pafford pays very low and expects you to work a lot of hours even while part time. They cover pretty much all of Rogers County and have picked up a couple counties south as well as starting some kind of transfer operation in Broken Arrow. Most of the people I know who work there were fired from EMSA.

Creek County EMS is a great place to work and they just lost a couple EMTs. They don't pay as much but the schedule, management, and protocols are fantastic.

Mercy has some 911 contracts but is mostly IFT in Tulsa/Owasso. Pay isn't great but they have a lot of scheduling options and aren't picky.

Miller uses some very bad equipment but the people there seem to like it okay. I think they advertise $10/hr for EMTs doing mostly IFT.

Cherokee Nation was hiring PRN EMTs recently, high paying and everyone working there loves it. Full benefits if you get on full time.

Talequah City Hospital run EMS in Talequah and north Cherokee County. Everyone likes working there. Not sure what the pay is.

MESTA exists. Everyone I've talked to there hated the good ole boy management but that's about all I know.

Bartlesville is a another great option.

Wagoner County is worth a look.

LifeNet in Stillwater is hiring

That's about all I know off the top of my head.

RocketMedic

I moved to Texas after Howerton and I got into it. Best decision ever, EMSA blows in comparison to my current gig.

AceThunderstone

Forum Probie
Good. I hold no delusion that EMSA is the best at anything. It just a good starting point for me and is a far better option than Pafford, Mercy, or Miller. Once I fulfill my contractual obligations and gain some experience in the process, I'll move on as well. Though not to south Texas.

In the meantime, at least I'm not in the west division.

RocketMedic

Good. I hold no delusion that EMSA is the best at anything. It just a good starting point for me and is a far better option than Pafford, Mercy, or Miller. Once I fulfill my contractual obligations and gain some experience in the process, I'll move on as well. Though not to south Texas.

In the meantime, at least I'm not in the west division.

It's the leadership, or lack thereof

OP
OP
LaceyA

LaceyA

Forum Crew Member
Thanks Guys! I will def look into them, Im thinking Muskogee or EMS PLUS or Tribal will be my best bets for now!