EMS Management Degrees

ResTech

Forum Asst. Chief
Wanted to solicit some input on the value of obtaining a Bachelors degree in EMS Management. I am starting to plan for after the A.A.S degree and am leaning towards EMS Management so wanted to see what others think.

I have heard some recommend not to get a degree that is tied to a specific field like EMS but instead, go for a more general degree like Business Administration, etc where your not as limited with it.

I am looking really hard at a Bachelors program in EMS Management from George Washington University in DC. It is 100% delivered online and sounds like they use an array of technology to deliver the program which I like.

Here is the link to the program in case anyone else may be looking into this option: http://www.gwumc.edu/healthsci/programs/ems_bs/

Last edited by a moderator:

Keeven83

Forum Probie
I would go for the Business Administration degree personally. You could always apply it to some other job or field if for whatever reason you had to.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
There are EMS management degrees from respectable Universities or I would suggest an MBA w/emphasis in Health Care Administation.

R/r 911