or something like this?
41848.jpg

http://asap911.com/medstat/photos-and-videos/

OP
OP
C

chc1993

Forum Probie
Sorry, I should have been more clear. I mean why not get an SUV with a stretcher instead (not a full ambulance with four wheel drive). I was thinking something like the Land Rovers used in the Northern Territory (http://www.stjohnnt.org.au/index.php/en/ambulance/vehicles/offroad-recovery). Not the nicest to work out of, but they can get you anywhere and take your stretcher patient out.

Great idea, however the minute you make whatever vehicle you choose transport capable it becomes an ambulance, and is subject to minimum equipment inventory. Not practical in this situation.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
OP
OP
C

chc1993

Forum Probie
The reality is there isn't a cookie cutter, one size fits all piece of equipment that works for everybody. In conjunction with the other resources available at these events, this vehicle suits our particular needs well.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Great idea, however the minute you make whatever vehicle you choose transport capable it becomes an ambulance, and is subject to minimum equipment inventory. Not practical in this situation.

Mmm not necessarily. We have gators that are capable of transporting patients at special events to an intercept with a box. They don't carry a full ambulance worth of equipment, almost, but not all of it.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Mmm not necessarily. We have gators that are capable of transporting patients at special events to an intercept with a box. They don't carry a full ambulance worth of equipment, almost, but not all of it.

I thought they were implying "why not just make an off road vehicle that can transport". By transport I thought that meant to the hospital.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I thought they were implying "why not just make an off road vehicle that can transport". By transport I thought that meant to the hospital.

Oh no definitely not.

Well I mean in a pinch why not but I was saying for more extrication purposes.

CANMAN

Forum Asst. Chief
Nice vehicle, loving the Rigid Industries lights on it. Those things IMO are some of the best off road lights money can buy

dmc2007

Forum Captain
Sorry, I should have been more clear. I mean why not get an SUV with a stretcher instead (not a full ambulance with four wheel drive). I was thinking something like the Land Rovers used in the Northern Territory (http://www.stjohnnt.org.au/index.php/en/ambulance/vehicles/offroad-recovery). Not the nicest to work out of, but they can get you anywhere and take your stretcher patient out.

Only probelm with a Land Cruiser or Land Rover in the states is that both are marketed as luxury vehicles here-Land Rovers run in the $50k range and Land Cruisers $70k+. Pretty much all other SUVs on the market here have been made into soft-roading crossovers, making the Wrangler our best off roader by far.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Pretty much all other SUVs on the market here have been made into soft-roading crossovers, making the Wrangler our best off roader by far.

True. My Grand Cherokee romps with the best of them though. Must be a Jeep thing :p

Mine is a bit older though with a solid front axel.

pa132399

Forum Crew Member
if you have to transport strap the pt to the roof.. haha it would work in a pinch

E

EMRRx

The "Jeep Rubicon", amazing vehicle, and a 4 door, how nice.

Dana 44's, lockers, 4-1 transfer case, and this all comes stock. Oh there is more, all this with a warranty, are you kidding me..

I was lucky enough to purchase the 03 Jeep Rubicon, the first year of production. Iv'e been places I could have normally only dreamed of.

Once made it through 4 feet of solid snow with 6 to 8 foot drifts for 17 miles on my way to a frozen alpine lake in the high Sierra's. Drove out on the frozen lake, cut a hole in the ice and fished( didn't catch anything, so what...), then enjoyed a BBQ with my fishing line next to me in the hole.
I want to do that trip again soon but probably not this year, no snow to speak of so far, crazy weather...