ems in ireland

DUBDUBDUB

Forum Ride Along
Heeelllpp!!!

Can anyone advise an Irish trained Paramedic as how to best get an internationally recognised qualification to enable emigration to Australia?

Flyhi

Forum Crew Member
Hi DubDubDub,

I'm NREMT P, HPC and PHECC P registered. I can tell you that as far as international standards the PHECC P is not going to get you far. It's the systems fault not the good people that go through it. Best bet at OZ is direct contact with Amy agency or organisation that you want to work with. OZ is becoming one of the leaders in pre hospital care and their Paramefic standard is high. In Irish terms it would he higher than the AP here. If they are interested in your CV they will measure your time qualified, paramedic course content against their paramedic training standards. If your lucky they will let you know where you are on their 4 year training course and Kay allow you to jump in to complete your training. I seriously doubt that you will get direct reciprocity for the PHECC P anywhere in the EMS world. Maybe the 9 month course in UK will get you to HPC then look at Oz from there ??

Fergal

Forum Ride Along
Emergency Services Training Institute

Hi there,

I am currently doing my EMT course here in Irl. I was just wondering if anyone here had trained to become and EMT at the ESTI in Dublin.

If so:

1) Was your location of placement in your hometown or was it outside of where you live.

2) What did your placement incur? Callouts, emergencies etc.?

Thanks.