Ems beds

Asheville3822

Forum Ride Along
Just starting to work 24s. Wondering if anyone has tips on how to make their stations mattresses more comfy. I hope around to different stations so easily portable would help. Thanks in advance.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
I bring my own sheets, extra blankets, and even a heater blanket. Extra layers under and on top of me help keep me cozy and warm

KingCountyMedic

Forum Lieutenant
Bring your own linens, blankets or sleeping bag and get a good mattress topper you can easily bring with you. Also get some antibacterial fabric spray for the bed and wipe down everything in your bunkroom so you don't get other peeps germs.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Station mattresses are (historically) provided by the lowest bidder. Even if they are brand new, they tend to suck.

Echoing what @DragonClaw said, bring your own linen. I bring my own memory foam pillow, fitted sheet, top sheet, and blanket. When I leave, I take it all with me, and wash it every so often.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
The mattress' at my station aren't that bad. I bring my own sheets (XL twin cheap-o Walmart set) a blanket as a comforter and my own pillow. If the mattress' sucked at work then I'd buy a nice foam mattress topper.

I also keep a heated blanket at the station for those times where the station feels like the South Pole.

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver
we got a donation of tempur pedics, but since people are disgusting, they already look terrible.