Employment Opportunities in Orlando, FL

LastofCFFA0824

Forum Probie
Hey Everyone! I recently just passed my NREMT last week now that the excitement has worn off I've come to the realization that i need another job asap. I'm currently in Fire Standards also. I don't have past job experience in the Medical Field. I'm 22, I do have a Bachelors degree in Social Science Ed. and have worked about 5 years in Retail with Advance Auto Parts(Still Employed) and Brandsmart USA but i know that won't do me much good in Healthcare. My Question is basically what jobs do I qualify for with this cert. now that I've obtained it? Some jobs I've heard about are of EMT jobs with Ambulance services, Patient Care Techs, ER techs, Dialysis techs, 911 Dispatcher and thats about it. I also would like to know if anyone knows if any of the above mentioned are hiring in Orlando, FL? Any info or point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Traumjunk

Forum Probie
There are two Ambulance companies in the Orlando area. Rural/Metro Ambulance and American Ambulance will hire you without your fire. All you need is your Florida cert and CPR card. I don't know American's website but Rural Metro is www.ruralmetro.com American is purely IFT while Rural Metro is a mix of both. Hope this helps

OP
OP
L

LastofCFFA0824

Forum Probie
Thanks for the help, both of them weren't hiring as expected but I did a little more digging and created a account with Rural to try and receive info on any openings and I called american they told me all I can do is fill out an interest card which I plan to do tomorrow, One other idea I thought of was theme parks so I applied to WetnWild in the first aid department the rest only accept medics, So I'm still on the hunt but if anything changes I'll keep the thread posted. Thanks again for the help!

ReefMedic

Forum Ride Along
Have you tried Sea World, I think they may take Basics as well. I don't know where in Orlando you are but lakeems.org is also accepting applications for Flex EMT's.

OP
OP
L

LastofCFFA0824

Forum Probie
I actually applied to Lakeems right after you posted and they said the position is no longer available but thanks for the heads up, I'll keep an eye out for them I live near universal but I have a car so distance isn't to big a problem for me but Man I applied to all the Florida hospitals, all the ORMC hospitals, Rural metro and American ambulance, two dialysis clinics, WetnWild's first aid department and B. Wyman & Company Ambulance service and even all the theme parks first aid departments and most of them only want medics so it seems nobody is hiring, so I guess I'm just playing the waiting game until somebody decides to call but thanks again for everyone's help

Barefoot

Forum Ride Along
RM also picked up the Sumter county contract when Lake/Sumter EMS split. I've noticed a few EMT and Paramedic vacancies over the last few weeks, though their job site doesn't update regularly.

ReefMedic

Forum Ride Along
Lake EMS is also on Facebook, and they post on thier wall when they start accepting applications.