Emergency the Tv show turns 50

M3dicalR3dn3ck

Idolizes Johnny and Roy
I'm supposed to be too young to have heard of the show but Johnny Gage is my hero

OG EMT

Forum Probie
Myself and my coworkers that are around my age are all in this business because we watched that show as kids. I did a movie standby when they were filming "Another 48 Hours". Kevin Tighe was there and us ambulance guys and all the Compton Fire guys just had to get our pictures taken with him. He was a real nice guy.

OP
OP
FlamingFirefox

FlamingFirefox

Forum Probie
I don’t know what it is. But Something about these old shows that I like is the fact that they are easy to follow, simple and to the point. Not fancy or over the top like todays tv shows, which gives them a sense of realism.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I saw this today.

Attachments

• CF44D22D-72BD-4A88-B73A-1B2A2A7585A7.jpeg
    CF44D22D-72BD-4A88-B73A-1B2A2A7585A7.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 223

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Never really watched Emergency! (shocking I know lol)
But I got to run calls with LACo 127 (the fictional Station 51) and even ran calls with the real LACo 51 (at Universal Studios). (Perks of working McCormick Ambulance lol)

Always thought that was fairly neat even though I didn't actually grow up with the show itself.

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
But I got to run calls with LACo 127 (the fictional Station 51) and even ran calls with the real LACo 51 (at Universal Studios). (Perks of working McCormick Ambulance lol)

Always thought that was fairly neat even though I didn't actually grow up with the show itself.
Heretic! Burn him!
😆

You HAVE watched Mother, Jugs, and Speed though…right?

VentMonkey

Family Guy

When I worked for AMR in the South Bay, their Carson station was up the street from “station 51”. True to its SoCal-ness nothing much has changed.

I always found it ironic that there wasn’t a squad out of that particular station; not sure if there is now.

I think AMR Glendale used to cover Universal City pre-Westmed/ McCormick. Never worked there though, would just see them hanging out in front of City Walk.

As for the show itself, I remember it being sandwiched somewhere between the Love Boat, Chips, and That’s Incredible during a weekday re-run line up as a kid.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
It was always on after school for me. I have great stories about playing emergency as a kid. I had a black tackle box full of pretend EMS equipment and an old lunchbox that my dad painted orange with a phone handset in it to use as a biophone. One of the reasons I wanted to work at Sussex county was because they drove squad body trucks like Squad 51.

And I thought station 127 ran a light force, truck and engine.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Station 127 apparently consolidated their Light Force into a regular Quint (as far as I know, still a 2-piece tillers Quint) and a Foam apparatus, but yeah, no Squad. Even though Carson area is busy enough an extra Squad there wouldn't be a bad idea...

Generic

Forum Crew Member
And I thought station 127 ran a light force, truck and engine.

Station 127 apparently consolidated their Light Force into a regular Quint (as far as I know, still a 2-piece tillers Quint) and a Foam apparatus, but yeah, no Squad. Even though Carson area is busy enough an extra Squad there wouldn't be a bad idea...

I could be wrong but I believe that money for staffing engine 127 was used to add a squad to station 10 within the City of Carson which is just north of station 127. So, 127's just has the quint now.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Anyone that’s in and around the SoCal area who’s a fan, definitely worth the visit.

They’ve restored all of the vehicles have some cool merch signed by most of the cast members and it’s only $5 a head.

My son and I had a blast. My wife was a sweet, and very patient bystander.