Edmonton, Alberta Volunteer

Probi

Forum Probie
Hey does anyone here in Alberta know where an EMR can volunteer in a hospital setting? Im looking to do almost anything related to patient contact and interaction, whether its with senors or small children. And bit of advice on where to find volunteer work related to patient contact would be nice! And Thank You in advance! ! :) Btw im currently applying for St. Johns Ambulance volunteering, but anything in a hospital setting would be nice as well.

-Probi

ABEMS

Forum Crew Member
i currently volunteer with SJA, and from what i can see, most patient contact is "can i have a band aid".

OP
OP
P

Probi

Forum Probie
lol well then i guess itll look good on the resume either way. Who drives the Hope Mission Ambo? That would be some good experience with patient interaction :D

ABEMS

Forum Crew Member
The Hope mission van doesn't treat or transport people to hospital. It is mostly used to pick up people once EMS have declared that there is nothing medically wrong with them they take them back to the hope mission building to warm up or sleep it off. They also hand out water , coffee, and food. It you want pt. Contact apply for a job with Alberta paramedical service. They do all the evevents for rexall place and northlands. And if you really want to volunteer with hope mission just apply through there website