Dumbest Medical things on TV/Commercials

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Read John Grisham's "The King Of Torts" and "The Rainmaker".

Yes, both.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
I "like" the medical examiners/CSI's busting doors and making arrests.

Like paleontologists putting out forest fires or cloning dinos in their camp.

DillR

Forum Crew Member
I forgot the name but it was for an ED medication:
"some patients reported heart complications after taking (drug), its not certain that (drug) caused these complications.
My buddy said "and we DARE you to prove it."
I was rolling, maybe you had to have been there... :S

Cup of Joe

Forum Captain
I forgot the name but it was for an ED medication:
"some patients reported heart complications after taking (drug), its not certain that (drug) caused these complications.
My buddy said "and we DARE you to prove it."
I was rolling, maybe you had to have been there... :S

"I had no previous heart issues, until I took (drug)."

"Lets say this was a murder trial and you were a member of the jury. It was the middle of a snow storm when the victim was murdered late one night. What if, presented to you, were with a set of footprints that were found in the late morning after the snow had stopped and the police were able to make it to the scene. Maybe the murder's tracks were covered by the storm and the new set of prints were the mailman's? Would you base your decision, which could easily destroy an innocent man's life, or in the context of your case presented here in court today, a pharmaceutical company that saves millions of lives each year, on only one piece of evidence that could very easily be a coincidence?"

"No, I guess not."

"So what leads the court to believe that (drug) was the cause of your heart issues?"

Had a teacher use that hypothetical against me when I argued for a higher grade on a paper. I will admit I had a pretty weak argument. But I got the bump up! lol. Now I use this to shoot down anyone's argument. watch out!

Last edited by a moderator: