Dual Paramedic v. Medic/Basic

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Ambulance good morning Medivac is just coming up to a mile and a half north of Stead, be tracking southbound for St Marys, mm looks like an RTA we'll swing over and have a look ....

*Brown sprints up in his orange jumpsuit with "DOCTOR" written on it, throws the 20kg Thomas Pack on the ground and huffs and puffs

Man Brown is starving, you there .... *glaces at name tag, Rob, yes, you, go get Brown an awful awful stat! :D

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Ambulance good morning Medivac is just coming up to a mile and a half north of Stead, be tracking southbound for St Marys, mm looks like an RTA we'll swing over and have a look ....

*Brown sprints up in his orange jumpsuit with "DOCTOR" written on it, throws the 20kg Thomas Pack on the ground and huffs and puffs

Man Brown is starving, you there .... *glaces at name tag, Rob, yes, you, go get Brown an awful awful stat! :D

:lol: Never seen a Medivac inbound to Saints, they always go to Renown since it's the only trauma center in the area besides Davis....who knows though I have been known to be wrong...and Medivac runs CCRN/CCP sorry orange jumpsuit man no DOCTOR suit here!

Sounds like you've been in the area once or twice. I'll grab an awful awful for myself as well while I'm there :p

I'm not familiar with an RTA...care to expand?

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
RTA is a road traffic accident ... and yes, Brown has been to the particular area in question, and he just loves it to bits.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Ah. We say MVA/MVC here but now I can thoroughly confuse anyone I ride with haha.

If your ever come back to visit let me know and Ill have that awful awful waiting.

Indy

Forum Crew Member
Indiana State Law mandates that all ambulance services run B/P. I agree with the B/P law as well. Basic drives and provides basic care to pt. while on scene, and medic does the rest en route to the hospital.

jjesusfreak01

Forum Deputy Chief
I like the B/P setup, so long as the basic can get to handle the occasional stable patient in the back of the truck. If someone broke a bone and is refusing pain meds, or an elderly "sick" patient just needs a ride to the hospital, no reason why a basic can't sit in the back with them and give the medic a break.