Drunken Air Ambulance Pilot Arrested Minutes Before Flight

Flight-LP

Forum Deputy Chief
WOW!!!!

So much for researching air medical companies. The flight in question wasn't a Angel Flight or Lifeguard flight, so it wasn't an air ambulance. It was a charter flight, in a POS C-414. I have a hard time believing that the wife actually thought the GF was a Nurse, calling BS on that one. None the less, the pilot got what he deserved..........................

OP
OP
Webster

Webster

Forum Crew Member
Sorry about the title. I guess the article misrepresented the role of the flight too.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Unfortunately the public won't know that. I do know it has made the national news section in newspapers in Miami and San Francisco.
I'm confused. When googling, I see:
CE-414 (CHANCELLOR)-Piston-Multi -6 (Ambulance)

How is that not an "Air Ambulance" service? It's a Cessna 414 registered as an "Air Ambulance." The website for the company is http://www.federalairambulance.com/.

They are:

Licensed by the FAA (Approved Part 135) Fixed-Wing, Long-Distance Air Ambulance operator
State EMS Department licensed as an Air Ambulance operato

They offer three different levels of care, but all of them include medical services. The story quotes one person as saying the pilot's girlfriend was smoking inside the plane.

I agree that the news can really do a crappy job sometimes, but this still seems concerning.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader