Driving Record

dhump4free

Forum Crew Member
I begin this by saying I am a brand new EMT. Just passed NREMT, got all of my cards for CA and OC and a ambulance drivers certificate. I was getting ready to start the job hunt and saw that a lot of companies require a detailed driver record printout along with the application. So I went to DMV got a couple of printouts and saw this:

screenshot20120921at555.png

When I asked the nice man who had been helping me what it mean't he replied with, "Your license has been suspended twice. But it says set aside so it's ok now. You're allowed to drive." I know that my license has NEVER been suspended and I have had two tickets in my 9 years of driving, neither of them suspension worthy. After explaining this to the now frustrated man he brought his manager over who said, "I have no idea what those mean."

Now, I understand that it was Friday at 4:30 PM and they were winding down their day. I'm hoping that the manager really did know what it meant and just wanted to get out of there to get some beer. If not, I now know why the DMV always sucks. After some google searching I can't find anything and am a little worried about how this looks.

Can anyone here explain this report to me? Does anyone know if it will affect my future employment?

Thanks dudes.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Assuming that's a hypothetical photoshopped driving history because giving legal advice is against the rules of the forum...

Well, California Vehicle Code (CVC) section 16004(A) (the top entry) is mandatory suspension for failure to report being involved in an accident.
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d07/vc16004.htm

CVC 16070 is mandatory suspension for a driver who is unable to provide proof of insurance after being involved in an accident.
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d07/vc16070.htm

So, have you ever been involved in an accident?

Also, if any of those two tickets were speeding, then the judge does have the discretion to suspend your license under the vehicle code. However, it's pretty much not going to happen unless it's really egregious.

You might need to contact a traffic attorney to figure this out, including removing it from your record if it was added in error.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
dhump4free

dhump4free

Forum Crew Member
Yes...that driving record was photoshopped and this is strictly hypothetical.

Thanks for the help, I was involved in a accident around that time (rear ended - not at fault) and have all the paperwork to prove I did everything correctly. I'll get in contact with a lawyer about all that business.

What I'm more concerned about is what potential employers are going to think with this on the driving record. Should I wait to see if I can get it removed before applying or just keep moving forward with everything?

If the Mods have any problems with this thread I will remove it or take off anything against the rules.