OP
OP
LucidResq

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
Hahahahaha thank you JP.

Foxbat

Forum Captain
If you have a problem with someone, BEFORE you take it to the supervisor take it to the person first. It kind of throws them under the bus without allowing them to change first. I had a partner run to my super without even giving me the slightest clue there was something wrong, it sucked to be blindsided like that. If the person doesn't correct the problem, then take it to supers.
^ That. I had exact same thing happened to me, and supervisor wouldn't even tell me which partner complained. I asked all the people I worked with if there was a problem, and they all replied along the lines of "if I had a problem, I'd tell you, I wouldn't complain behind your back". <_<

OP
OP
LucidResq

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
I considered sending an email to each of these people, polite and professional, but changed my mind.

I'm not going to do anything right now because I realized that I want to say something mainly because I'm so pissed at how rude, disrespectful and childish they were being. Not because there's some major issue that needs to be resolved ASAP. Sad fact is an email won't fix general inconsiderateness and immaturity, and it almost certainly would fall on deaf ears (connected to loud mouths - a horrible combo).

One ended up on the sup's radar for something unrelated they botched last night anyways, so it's good to know that at least one of them is being watched more closely.

CAOX3

Forum Deputy Chief
I considered sending an email to each of these people, polite and professional, but changed my mind.

I'm not going to do anything right now because I realized that I want to say something mainly because I'm so pissed at how rude, disrespectful and childish they were being. Not because there's some major issue that needs to be resolved ASAP. Sad fact is an email won't fix general inconsiderateness and immaturity, and it almost certainly would fall on deaf ears (connected to loud mouths - a horrible combo).

One ended up on the sup's radar for something unrelated they botched last night anyways, so it's good to know that at least one of them is being watched more closely.

That about sums it up, welcome to EMS. For the most part these things rare their ugly head because for the most part EMS as a whole is quiet. Lots of people sitting around for hours on end cant seem to stop themselves from getting involved in everyones business. They love to gossip, judge and backstab. The main reason I believe is they have such a low opinion of themselves and their abilities they attempt shift the focus onto others to protect and hide their inadequecies.

Dont get involved.

Sasha

Forum Chief
^ That. I had exact same thing happened to me, and supervisor wouldn't even tell me which partner complained. I asked all the people I worked with if there was a problem, and they all replied along the lines of "if I had a problem, I'd tell you, I wouldn't complain behind your back". <_<

Luckily my supervisor pulled my partner in to tell me her complaints herself, they were all petty complaints and the little witch just keeps digging herself a hole. Not that I'm bitter or anything. :)

medic417

The Truth Provider
Luckily my supervisor pulled my partner in to tell me her complaints herself, they were all petty complaints and the little witch just keeps digging herself a hole. Not that I'm bitter or anything. :)

Definitly hate to see you bitter then. :eek::unsure:

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
uh, "Reviving Schroedinger's Cat, or Quantum Indeterminancy in an Ambulance"?

Once you shut the pt and your partner into the ambo and of course the curtain's pulled and the intercom doesn't work, how can you KNOW they are still there without opening it up? Might the act of opening the doors make them reappear? And why don't they tell you where they were?

Sasha, your boss sounds good. Mine occasioanlly just forwarded my email to the culprit without my knowledge and then sat in her office twiddling her thumbs.

Kthanid

Forum Crew Member
I think its also a sign of the times, at least in my country the Uk. Seems you put a group of people together these days and they all start acting like reality TV contestants.
I seem to remember the late 80's when I first started working and maybe it was different in the US but we'd go to work, 75% of the people around you were grey people(you'd be polite to each other but it was like 3 months before you even knew their first name, or that they were married or whatever).
There was 10% idiots/drama queens/a**holes everyone tried to avoid(usually your boss was one lol) and 15% you called good friends. And you maybe had a big fight/argument at work with someone once every 6 months-it was so rare you'd be whispering about it 6 months later.

Now everyone has their life story out on the plate in the first five minutes, its like 90% involved in some weird competition from then on, people fighting, *****inhg bakstabbing on an hourly basis lol(let alone 6 months!)

Its actually a common topic of conversation for some of us contracting abroad. That a lot of us aren't just doing it for the money, its because we got sick of whatever the hell has happened to our countries workplaces.

OP
OP
LucidResq

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
Just an update...

One of the people who was part of the problem on that shift ended up getting talked to by our supervisor about something unrelated that happened that night. She lied and completely blamed me, and accused me of all kinds of stupid stuff.

Understandably when I caught word of this, I gave my supervisor my account of the shift, which is actually the truth (imagine that) and is verifiable by other employees unrelated to our dept., and dispatch records.