Down to the wire

EDAC

Forum Crew Member
Finished up my practicals last week, 100%, final coming up this week, then the hard work begins, studying for the NREMT. Seems like I just started and now the end is just one test away, sure went by quick. Looking forward to the next challenge that awaits, I appreciate all the help and advice I recieved here, I'm sure I will have many more questions that will come up along the way.

OP
OP
E

EDAC

Forum Crew Member
Yes I am in the EMT-B course.

PapaBear434

Forum Asst. Chief
Trust me, friend, if you can pass the state test and practicals, you will ace the national. I couldn't believe how easy the NREMT test was. You go in, take the test which is so simple that you'll almost think they gave you the wrong test, and then you'll hear back from them a couple weeks later when they send you a certificate and a patch in the mail.

Now, I'm dreading my eventual national cert for paramedic. I've heard that one about drives you to wits end.

JonTullos

Forum Captain
Good luck! My advice: Don't worry much about studying. I studied zero for my NREMT, it cut off at 70 and I passed. My opinion is that, by that point, you either know it or you don't. Now if you end up failing, that's different... study then. But I wouldn't study right off the bad, unless you didn't make at least a high B in the class or you know there are areas you didn't do well on. I should point out that I got an "A" and didn't make below a 90 on any test (well, except one but that's a long story) so YMMV.

BTW, you should have your results by that afternoon if you take it in the morning or by the next midday if you take it later in the day. Check the NREMT"s website under your applications status.

Jon

OP
OP
E

EDAC

Forum Crew Member
We got oour final grades today, and I passed the class with a 92%, I was hoping for a 97, but hey its all good. Now I am going to get my nose to the books for a couple of weeks and take the NREMT. I enjoyed the class and understand that this is just the first of many more steps that I will have to take to continue my education.

I am going to reward myself before and take my bikes out to the desert and go riding for 4 days before I begin studying for the NREMT.

Our instructor told us he wrote the final very similar to the type of questions we can expect to see on the national test, if that is the case, I feel very good about the test, as I did very well on the final, 93%.

Hopefully next time I post it will be to tell the good folks here that I passed the NREMT.

Last edited by a moderator:

kecpercussion

Forum Lieutenant
Man don't even stress about the NR, it was way easy. Don't take it lightly, but also don't kill yourself trying to study for it. You'll do great :D