Does anyone else do this?

mikeN

Forum Lieutenant
I NEVER EVER write on my gloves. I advise new people to not do it. I have an abnormal amount of dunkin donut reciepts in my pockets that work just fine in addition to a notepad I keep in my back pocket. I also keep call back cards in my breast pocket that I use quite a bit for notes. I write small.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
I don't understand what makes writing on tape or a glove easier when transporting. For those that don't have the paper back there or don't want the paper I understand that's mostly for the OP.

Since your arm is connected to your body (hopefully) it will move with the rest of your body more fluidly when you hit bumps.

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
I am a 2 inch cloth tape writer myself......... :rolleyes:

EMTinNEPA

Guess who's back...
I tried the "tape on the thigh" technique once, it felt awkward. Never again. Writing on my gloves is a pain in the nether-regions again. I have no problem recording info with a paper and pen.

medic417

The Truth Provider
Write on the patients chest that way the info doesn't get lost.:p

Outbac1

Forum Asst. Chief
I used the tape on thigh for years. Some calls there would be almost nothing on it and others there was no free space at all. When I was done charting I put it in the commercial shredded in the ER.

However the last few months I have gotten away from using it. My memory must be getting better with old age;)

RESQ_5_1

Forum Lieutenant
I actually purchased a small thigh pad thing. It comes with a sharpie and easily cleans up with alcohol wipes. It's even broken down by c/c. male abd pain; female abd pain; chest pain; anaphalaxis; etc. It's kinda big and makes me look like a dork, but it works pretty good.

Second

Forum Lieutenant
I actually purchased a small thigh pad thing. It comes with a sharpie and easily cleans up with alcohol wipes. It's even broken down by c/c. male abd pain; female abd pain; chest pain; anaphalaxis; etc. It's kinda big and makes me look like a dork, but it works pretty good.

do you have a link for that?

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief

frogtat2

Forum Crew Member
on scene info

I use the back of my glove on scene. Then when I get in the rig I change gloves before I do any procedures so I don't lose my notes. I've tried the tape on the thigh before and it just didn't work for me. Everyone in the back of the rig will write all the vitals down, so we have back up just in case one of us throws our "note glove" away.

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
I use the back of my glove on scene. Then when I get in the rig I change gloves before I do any procedures so I don't lose my notes. I've tried the tape on the thigh before and it just didn't work for me. Everyone in the back of the rig will write all the vitals down, so we have back up just in case one of us throws our "note glove" away.

Okay.. so that glove you have used.. the one you bring with you into the rig, it's got all the pt ickies on it?????

PapaBear434

Forum Asst. Chief
Okay.. so that glove you have used.. the one you bring with you into the rig, it's got all the pt ickies on it?????

Ew... Disgusting. I was taught to use my gloves when I was in training by an old school firefighter. But after I got into the field, they pushed real heavy for us to stop that. I tried to ignore them, until my first major trauma and I went through five sets of gloves.

Either I write it on paper, tape, or I do my damnedest to remember it myself.

piranah

Forum Captain
i would prolly grt beat up and called a wacker if i wore that in my dept......lol but my guys are a**es...lolol

emtfarva

Forum Captain
I don't use the tape method or write on my gloves due to the fact the back of my hands don't make a great writing surface and I need the glove size between large and xtra large. (I haven't found that perfect glove size yet) If I have to write I use a note pad or just remember it. my transports are short so I don't have to remember to much. I think that knee board isn't a bad idea. You can write on it clean it up and make photo copies if you want to keep it. the only down side is if you get blood on it I don't think the ER will be to happy when you try to make a copy of it. I have also heard of services using dry erase boards in the ambulance.

Last edited by a moderator:

motownems

Forum Probie
there is a whiteboard thing-a-jig in the back of my rig. all of the vitals, history, meds, times, etc goes on it. then after the call and the PCR gets written i just have to wipe the whiteboard clear :p on scene though i also do the tape method....

SES4

Forum Lieutenant
Hmmmm....

I think I will try the tape method. I tend to agree with those who are anti-glove, for various reasons it just seems well gross to me.

PapaBear434

Forum Asst. Chief
i would prolly grt beat up and called a wacker if i wore that in my dept......lol but my guys are a**es...lolol

I bought a pouch to hold the radio, pens, shears, and all my other tools but my flashlight. Everyone calls it a "dork pouch." But I like it because I work a lot of night shifts. It has a velcro back that lets me just take it off my belt when I lay down to sleep. That way, when we get a call while I'm sleeping I don't have to reload everything in my pockets. I just put on my boots and grab my pouch.

Fir Na Au Saol

Forum Crew Member
I bought a pouch to hold the radio, pens, shears, and all my other tools but my flashlight. Everyone calls it a "dork pouch."
Hey if it's stupid but it works, then it's not stupid! :p