Do you own or rent your home?

Do you own or rent your home?

• Own

• Rent

• Live with Parents/other relatives

Results are only viewable after voting.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
With many people jobs being posted all over the country, and some people looking to relocate, simple question do you rent or own your primary residence?

M3dicalR3dn3ck

Idolizes Johnny and Roy
Because I made some unwise decisions in college I still live at home. Hopefully with my dumb self working 72-96 hours minimum between two jobs I'll be in my own place soon

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
I owned my house in Indy for 17 years, but we bought it when we had a lot of debt, and it was cheaper than renting; but we didn't get out of the other debt: and got burned. We ended up putting a new roof, new HVAC, new Sewer Line, and new Hot Water Heater in all in 10 months, financed $35,000 in less than 1 year. Paid that off AFTER we sold the house 12 years after we moved out of the house and rented it for 10 years, 15 years after we bought it all.
Right now we rent from the US Army, and live on the base that we work at. It is nice to pick up the phone and say "hot water heater doesn't work. come fix it". Saving $30K a year towards buying a house when we retire. plus a bunch into retirement, which we never could before.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Spending $1500/mo renting a 600sq ft 1 bedroom apt... but it comes with an assigned/covered parking, building has a pool and is pet friendly (dog run, tennis court, amd a little playground for kids) so that's not too bad all things considered.

Lo2w

Forum Captain
Technically both 🤣

Got sick of the high rent and ****ty landlords, so I bought an old 5th wheel off craigslist and rent an RV lot for $600.

HardKnocks

Forum Lieutenant
Even though this HUD program is very competitive its worth your time in vying for a home discounted at 50% for First Responders.
Good Neighbor Next Door Program

These homes are usually located in blighted communities. The only stipulation for receving the 50% discount on the home, is you have to use it as your primary residence for 3 yrs.

timwarner2022

Forum Ride Along
I will be in the United States for the next four months, and I need somewhere to stay. Have any suggestions for us? You have my utmost appreciation. Music is always my favorite time of the day such as ranboo.