Do you need to be associated with NAEMT.org to teach TECC?

Munkyfu

Forum Ride Along
Basically what the title states. Anyone on here have any knowledge regarding this?

I am a medically retired 68W and work in the private sector with a company that is a resource for NIMS/ICS. We work with DOD, DHS and FEMA and want to have a section of the company to teach and train LE, FD, EMS, etc. personnel in TECC.

In addition to my question, can a company become a course site in it's own, without going through the NAEMT?

Just so you know, I am not against the NAEMT, I have already taken their online instructor course, this is just knowledge that I can relay back to the boss!

Thank you for any help!

ResRednek

Forum Probie
Is TECC the same as what they refer to as TCC (Tactical Combat Care)? I know of some EMT's that have zero real world tactical training that hold some form of an instructor position in some smaller courses with zero military experience. I am very interested in this as well I was an FMF Corpsman in the Navy for 4 years and would like to branch out into a little bit of instructor experience

OP
OP
Munkyfu

Munkyfu

Forum Ride Along
From what I am studying, TECC (Tactical Emergency Casualty Care) is basically the civilian version of TCCC (Tactical Combat Casualty Care). The guidelines are very similar. But, as a civilian provider, you are only allowed to teach what's in your scope, of course. Being in the army, I did whatever my PA told me to.

I don't think we can even educate people without instructor certifications, even if we're not certifying them. Is this correct? Obviously if we are certifying people, we would need to be certified instructors.

MackTheKnife

BSN, RN-BC, EMT-P, TCRN, CEN
I worked at a company that taught TCCC to various "no-named" agencies as well as SPECWAR, SF guys. We gave them a certificate. No affiliation with NAEMT whatsoever. The company evaluated your experience and we taught anything we were comfortable with.