Distance/hybrid Paramedic programs

newmedic33

Forum Probie
Just so ya know, PERCOM is fully accredited. They received their full accreditation in July.

ya, that's probably going to be my choice, however Lenoir would be nice as its done in 8 months and it seems like its about 1/6th of the price of percom, which seems almost too good to be true. Im also having a hard time getting ahold of the CEO at my local hospital to set up clinical rotations for percom as well, But I think percom is going to be my final choice I also cant seem to get ahold of anyone at Lenoir community college, just answering machines, I've left a few messages but haven't received any calls back, whereas percom I get an answer within 24 hours everytime.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
I know a few people doing percom and they really like it.

medicgrimm

Forum Probie
I'm doing percom to but it's been over 48 hours since I paid for the class and I have yet to recieve course access yet!

Obstructions

Forum Crew Member
I'm doing percom to but it's been over 48 hours since I paid for the class and I have yet to recieve course access yet!

Give them time. The program administrators are overworked and understaffed so they take foreverrrrrr to get things done on their side.

medicgrimm

Forum Probie
I hope so it sucks waiting, I'm eager to start!!! I sent an email and got one reply and forwarded mr Dinsmore and have yet to get a reply yet but I'm being patient plus I understood the books were gonna take a little while anyways

newmedic33

Forum Probie
I hope so it sucks waiting, I'm eager to start!!! I sent an email and got one reply and forwarded mr Dinsmore and have yet to get a reply yet but I'm being patient plus I understood the books were gonna take a little while anyways

have you been able to start yet? I've decided to go to advanced emt before paramedic since my dept is offering a 2 month intermediate course im just gonna take that then right after do percom.

medicgrimm

Forum Probie
No I have not and its starting to get me upset cause that paramedic course is not cheap, and I've yet to hear so much as just an email saying hey your books are in the mail or at least saying hey we're busy we're trying to get to you as fast as we can but nothing whatsoever, I payed over a week ago.

PotatoMedic

have you been able to start yet? I've decided to go to advanced emt before paramedic since my dept is offering a 2 month intermediate course im just gonna take that then right after do percom.

Sounds like a good plan. Have fun in class!

I just started. Lots to read and finish by the end of the week. plus a few papers and some quizes. And I just started yesterday...

newmedic33

Forum Probie
FireWA is doing Lenoir community colleges paramedic program, and I think percom's been super busy they were really great with communication last week with me and I've had trouble getting a hold of anyone now, filled all the forms out I need for the clinical site considerations and they keep getting me confused with someone else or saying I need to do more things, I've done all I can do and have done everything they've asked so I'm just waiting, figured im dead set on percom after my I class though and would like to have the clinicals already set up. But we'll see.

GoNoles01

Forum Probie
I did Lenoir community college's hybrid program. I liked it it is a top notch program in my opinion. It does require alot of personal study and effort, but what doesn't. BTW just passed registry today first time through.

PotatoMedic

Mazel Tov! I just started this week at Lenoir. Lots of reading and some small papers...

ok enough with EMT life... back to studying!

softballchiq99

Forum Ride Along
Mazel Tov! I just started this week at Lenoir. Lots of reading and some small papers...

FireWA1 I am very very interested in hearing about your Lenoir experience and reciprocity to WA, where I currently live. It will not let me message you, please message me with a way to talk to you :)

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
You need five productive posts to send PMs. I believe how that's how they word it. You only need three more!! There's a fair amount of information about Percom here. I believe there's also a thread about Lenoir but I might be wrong.

sarah237

Forum Ride Along
paramedic lenoir

i'm interested in the lenoir hybrid program. i live in tennessee, can i do my clinicals here? how many clinical hours are there and do you have to finish them within a certain period of time? i am an EMT. thanks.

PotatoMedic

There are a minimum of 500 clinical hours to be done. I would call them and ask if they have any clinicals in your area or near you. If I remember correctly they have sites in most states. You have to do all your clinicals before the end of the program. you start doing them after your first on site visit. so you will have plenty of time. They will allow some extra time if you have done most of them.