MkVity

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.
Oh....

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Interesting

MackTheKnife

BSN, RN-BC, EMT-P, TCRN, CEN
Dispatcher in serious need of training. Severed leg, severe bleeding. Tourniquet stopped bleeding. Tourniquet removed, and exsanquinates. But you've got to stop the bleeding. WTF?

EMDispatch

IAED EMD-Q/EMT
Yeah that's bad, standard excepted protocols are to discourage a tourniquet if not applied, otherwise leave it on. It sounds like the dispatcher was literally lost in the protocols, and freelanced instructions based on what she remembered, while trying to find her place.

OnceAnEMT

Forum Asst. Chief
That's really too bad. Hope that opens some eyes to make sure this (or nothing like it) happens again. Purely an education thing.

irishboxer384

Forum Captain
Sorry I have no other words to describe this other than- stupid *****.

Last edited by a moderator:

cprted

Forum Captain
I get trying to discourage untrained members of the public from using their belts as TQs ... I've only seen two put on in the field by joe-blow prior to my arrival ... neither were appropriate and neither were done well or effective. But in this case the guy's leg is half a block away ... if there was ever a time for a belt-TQ, that would be it.

Joey DeMartino

Forum Crew Member
"Ummm... wait a minute- let me read the instructions....." OOPS- I thought you were the stripper from last night-ummm -no don't take it off- just go get the leg and.... uhhh- OK, I'm a little confused ? Is it a nice belt-with a shiny buckle? Too ignorant to at least be considered stupid.