Didn't pass physcial need advice

OP
OP
E

emt786

Forum Probie
Details of Physical

There are three parts to the physical:

First you have to be able to lift 145lbs placed on a strecher like thing off the ground and place it on a a box type thing a couple of feet away. Then, you have to be able to lift that same thing to a height of about your shoulders (I forget how high exactly).

Then another part includes lifting 120lbs while going up and down three stairs three times.

The hardest part for me is lifting it up to my shoulders...

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
There are three parts to the physical:

First you have to be able to lift 145lbs placed on a strecher like thing off the ground and place it on a a box type thing a couple of feet away. Then, you have to be able to lift that same thing to a height of about your shoulders (I forget how high exactly).

Then another part includes lifting 120lbs while going up and down three stairs three times.

The hardest part for me is lifting it up to my shoulders...
Would they allow you to try the physical on your own?

OP
OP
E

emt786

Forum Probie
hmmm...I'm not sure, but I don't think so. It's at a chiropractor's office and you have to schedule an appointment before going...

medic_chick87

Forum Crew Member
You wouldnt happen to be going to Dr. Terribilini would you? If so, then you need to send me a private message cause we are definitely going to be working for the same company. :)

The height I had to lift up to was 40". What you have to do is use momentum. Start the lift and keep it going all the way through, even you have to go up on your tip toes to finish the lift if you need those extra couple of inches if you're vertically challenged like me.

Do a ton of core exercises. You’d be amazed at how much stronger your entire body will feel and be if you have a strong core. It will also protect your back. And keep on working out those legs. Thats what got me through the test. Believe it or not, even though we do need to be stronger than the average female with our upper body, we use our legs more than anything else. (Correct me if I'm wrong, anyone.)

Most important of all, Believe you can do it!!! The mind is stronger than anything else, so if you sike yourself out before you even get to your appointment you will fail. But if you know that you are strong and can pass the test, then you will.

That's all I have for now. Ask away if you need anything else.

OP
OP
E

emt786

Forum Probie
Haha, that's funny, I actually went to Dr. Kemp, but they work at the same place! :)

I tried PMing you, but it says you either chose not to recieve private messages or can't...

I'm curious to find out where you work!

medic_chick87

Forum Crew Member
Sorry about that. Didnt realize I hadnt activated PMing. You should be good now. I work for AMR Santa Clara.