Deja Vu

Stevo

Forum Asst. Chief
This site graciously sent me a Thanksgiving greeting...…...all very nice ...but.....

I don't do this anymore, 30 yrs was enough, L2&3 are junk, i'm old, ugly , no longer have a scanner , don't read the papers , game over, retired with all the usual cha cha commendations...done, gone thank you and goodbye.

So i'm off to the market for a list the wife wants, just crossing the parking lot when I see a woman in her 60's holding onto her grand daughter , shaking. As I cross to the market entrance she keels over (before I could react) , and starts seizing. Kid starts screaming...

I'm on 911, while tenting to airway, look up and there's another ex emt ,helping with the roll over on her side , this goes for a good 3-4 minutes until she's postictal , cops shows up first, ems second

I swear whoever runs this place is psychic

OP
OP
Stevo

Stevo

Forum Asst. Chief
Thank you all for yours, knowing many of you have may be on duty and/or leaving the family at the table to run today. ~S~

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Thank you for all you have done... and this just goes to show you that you're still willing to help another in need.

OP
OP
Stevo

Stevo

Forum Asst. Chief
Thx but...I don't see as I had much choice. My retirement includes playing out again, i'm singin' with the sinners in cheesy bars , no more cryin' with all you saints

So one night a dude goes over backwards in his barstool , 3 of us where on him, an retired RN, an ex Nav Corpsman along w/yours truly , it came back to us ,we were able to at least provide 911 as well as the attending ems unit some details & vitals

It sure feels a lot different being on the 'good sam' side of it all , but we're out there if it falls in our laps & we're counting on all of you now , the torch be passed!

~S~

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Done a bit of good sam stuff too... I never go out & about looking for stuff to get into either. If it falls into my lap, I'll deal with it, hand it off and get back to whatever I was doing. Totally different than being required to deal with it! With Good Sam, you always have a choice... question is whether or not you can abide with one of those. ;)

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Steveo!

Good to see you! Glad to hear you're still saving lives.

What are you up to these days?

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
I was on the plane yesterday, and had my nose cancelling head phones on, watching a show on my kindle, so I almost missed the announcement asking for any passengers with medical training.. I hesitated a little, seeing as all I have is Natl Registry...and a lady identifying herself as a nurse was told it was ok, she wasn't needed...so I went back to my Kindle lol

OP
OP
Stevo

Stevo

Forum Asst. Chief
Steveo!

Good to see you! Glad to hear you're still saving lives.

What are you up to these days?

Hi Matt, well i'm back in the local R&R circuit >>>
~S~

Luno

OG
Premium Member
Damn, Stevo, it's been a while, I got necrosummoned by e-mail too... Hope all is well!

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Damn. Some old names here. Miss you all. :)