DC area private services

Brandon O

Puzzled by facies
Hi all,

Anybody have any experience with private services around DC? (Including DC, MD, VA, wherever.)

I'm gonna be living in the district starting tomorrow, and have a gig lined up at Hopkins that won't start until October, so I need some temporary work and am considering hustling as a Basic. No high aspirations, just a few months of transfers and ditch-digging.

46Young

Level 25 EMS Wizard
Ditch digging?

AMR in DC, and Physicians Transport Service headquartered in Herndon VA

46Young

Level 25 EMS Wizard
ER Tech at one of the INOVA hospitals

46Young

Level 25 EMS Wizard
We might cross paths

OP
OP
Brandon O

Brandon O

Puzzled by facies
Any suggestions for somewhere likely to hire someone short-term? I still need to get reciprocity off my National as well, once I know which state.

CANMAN

Forum Asst. Chief
Private ambo companies are a dime a dozen in and around the area, and will certainly hire you, however I wouldn't go telling them it's going to be a temp position for you. If your looking for work in D.C. check out Lifestar and AMR. Both have D.C. offices. Outside of D.C. in Maryland you have Lifestar, Transcare, Procare, Butler, Pulse, First-Response, Heart to Heart, and East Coast.... All will be crappy private ambulance gigs so be prepared.

Where are you working at JHH, Lifeline?

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
PA residency in critical care. I added some letters.

That's awesome - congrats!

Just curious, is that the only residency that you looked into? Did you by any chance consider the one at Carolinas Healthcare in Charlotte?

OP
OP
Brandon O

Brandon O

Puzzled by facies
That's awesome - congrats!

Just curious, is that the only residency that you looked into? Did you by any chance consider the one at Carolinas Healthcare in Charlotte?

Nah, girlfriend (new doc) matched into residency at GWU, so we're tied to this area.