D.C. woman’s number of 911 calls prompt city to request that she be given a guardian

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Yikes! I thought these people I was giving their 49th and 50th transports to was bad....

EMT2B

Forum Lieutenant
Seems like a decent idea, but I don't know that it would do much good. I met a fellow a few months back who is a frequent flier who HAS a guardian. He simply walks to the local shopping center and has someone there call 911 for him. I've seen him there numerous times, and seen police/fire/medics speaking and/or tending to him. Even the employees at the Shopping Center have his name and guardian's info memorized. Kind of sad, really.

ZombieEMT

Chief Medical Zombie
Premium Member
Definitely seems to be a situation of someone who has obvious mental health issues, based on time span of the calls. She needs help, but the question is whether or not she is so bad that she can not make medical decisions on her own. The unfortunate problem is that, even though it might be an abuse of the system, one time she might truely need an ambulance. Also, she needs help, that she obviously is not getting. She is calling 911, that is her call for help.