Critical care flight paramedic

Srt4ever

Forum Crew Member
I'm looking to take the critical care an flight paramedic test from the board of critical care paramedic. Problem is here in Miami Florida I haven't been able to find a class to teach me the things I need to know so I've been looking to online review courses an books to read. I heard the ace sat book is good along with his videos. If I buy such a course will it prepare me for both exams ? What else can I do to help me ?

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Additionally, as you progress into "higher learning" and desire more education, knowledge, experience...you will find that you have to actually travel quite often and sometimes quite far to get what you want. "Nothing in Miami" sounds like a VERY limited search with minimal effort.

OP
OP
S

Srt4ever

Forum Crew Member
Asking how to prepare for the exam from someone who has no critical care experience an that has been a medic now for little over a year, will a online prepare course and self study be enough

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Maybe you would be able to pass the test, but in no way will you be a competent provider.

triemal04

Forum Deputy Chief
You've asked very similar questions multiple times and been given decent advice in the past. Maybe you should take some of that advice instead of looking for a shortcut? Or someone telling you what you want to hear?

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Asking how to prepare for the exam from someone who has no critical care experience an that has been a medic now for little over a year, will a online prepare course and self study be enough
Simply put, passing the exam is one thing, but prospective employers will also want to see a significant amount of experience, usually preferably in a high-volume 911 system as a Paramedic. As an RN, if I had some recent experience in 911 as a Paramedic and I had 2-3 years experience in ICU, I might be considered sooner than if I'd only had the ICU time. There really aren't any shortcuts to gaining the required experience... and any outfit that is willing to hire you without any critical care experience and holding a cert card probably isn't safe to work for.