CPR songs

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
So while practicing CPR/AED in my last class, the instructor pointed out that several of us, including myself, were not keeping the best rhythm. So I was like hmm... I'm going to find a song with a good beat at 100 bpm.

My boyfriend is a DJ and has software that analyzes tempo, so we looked over all the songs that were around 100 bpm until I found it:

Another Brick in the Wall Pt. 2 by Pink Floyd. It's perfect.

Any other song ideas or thoughts on this concept?

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
thats all well and good, until you work a code and dont have the capability to play one of your special songs.

OP
OP
LucidResq

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
What do you mean? I don't think the family would mind. :p

Actually, I was intending to play it during training. If it happens to cross my mind while working a code I could sing it in my head. I know the song perfectly well.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Actually, I was intending to play it during training. If it happens to cross my mind while working a code I could sing it in my head. I know the song perfectly well.

As someone who plays a musical instrument and used to perform competitively in high school, let me tell you, it's not that hard to start rushing a tempo.

jordanfstop

Forum Lieutenant
all of the following songs are 100bpm

"another one bites the dust" - queen...cause it's oh so true.

"quit playing games with my heart" - backstreet boys...too cute.

"stayin' alive" beegees - oh, the hope!

Last edited by a moderator:

skyemt

Forum Captain
So while practicing CPR/AED in my last class, the instructor pointed out that several of us, including myself, were not keeping the best rhythm. So I was like hmm... I'm going to find a song with a good beat at 100 bpm.

My boyfriend is a DJ and has software that analyzes tempo, so we looked over all the songs that were around 100 bpm until I found it:

what an idea... coincidentally, that very same idea was written about in this months EMS magazine... what are the odds.

seanm028

Forum Lieutenant
Ever since I first learned CPR, I've been using "More Than a Feeling" by Boston. It's a little faster than 100, but I just slow it down a little bit and it works.

thats all well and good, until you work a code and dont have the capability to play one of your special songs.
Actually, the few times I've performed CPR on a real Pt, I actually started thinking this song in my head since it's become habit.

As someone who plays a musical instrument and used to perform competitively in high school, let me tell you, it's not that hard to start rushing a tempo.
As someone who was a Drum Major in high school, let me tell you, it's not that hard to keep a solid tempo with some practice and concentration.

RWC130

Forum Probie
I remember back a few years ago working a Cardiac Arrest with
my EMT partner to the song "Just Once" by James Ingram

"I did my best but I guess my best wasn't good enough"
lol

:rolleyes:

certguy

Forum Captain
May I recommend " SWEET HOME ALABAMA " Nice concept . I always had my code 3 songs , but never thought of using them to practise CPR .

GregB

Forum Ride Along
I was also taught to use "Another One Bites The Dust"

Just dont sing that one out loud...

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
I missed this. What a neat idea. I had a posted about songs we use for various jobs a long time ago....but I don't have one for CPR.

I have been known to hum, "You get a line, I'll get a pole....We'll go down to the fishin' hole, honey" when its time to RSI......

Or

"Do your ears hang low..." when tieing up a patient.

Arkymedic

Forum Captain

stayin alive and another one bites the dust work well.

Arkymedic

Forum Captain
I missed this. What a neat idea. I had a posted about songs we use for various jobs a long time ago....but I don't have one for CPR.

I have been known to hum, "You get a line, I'll get a pole....We'll go down to the fishin' hole, honey" when its time to RSI......

Or

"Do your ears hang low..." when tieing up a patient.

LMAO that is too funny