County Rescue (riverside county Cali)

angels.girl84

Forum Crew Member
There website lists CRA on their logos. This is a company I haven't heard much about. Anyone know anything about it?

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver
straight BLS company, operates out of San Jacinto and has operations in the OC as well, also does CCT, no 911 or paramedics. IS NOT A COUNTY AGENCY. I'm not sure how they got away with the name.

OP
OP
angels.girl84

angels.girl84

Forum Crew Member
Thanks for the info, The office that called me was out of Fontana? I'll be able to get more info when they open tomorrow :) Thanks!

straight BLS company, operates out of San Jacinto and has operations in the OC as well, also does CCT, no 911 or paramedics. IS NOT A COUNTY AGENCY. I'm not sure how they got away with the name.

looker

Forum Asst. Chief

Last time i checked county rescue county do not exist as such the name is totally legal

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver
Last time i checked county rescue county do not exist as such the name is totally legal

I'm not saying it's not legal, but there were problems when they opened initially with the LEMSA thinking they could be confused with a gov't agency or a unit capable of rescue ops. For awhile they were known only as CRA Ambulance, only recently have their patches changed to say County Rescue. Anyways, OP, I worked there for a short time, PM me if you want to know anything, a lot has changed since then, but I can give you my experience.

fortsmithman

Forum Deputy Chief

For one it's a business and like other businesses out there that have names that are similar such as City Cabs, City Construction, it's no different than those.

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
I'm not saying it's not legal, but there were problems when they opened initially with the LEMSA thinking they could be confused with a gov't agency or a unit capable of rescue ops. For awhile they were known only as CRA Ambulance, only recently have their patches changed to say County Rescue. Anyways, OP, I worked there for a short time, PM me if you want to know anything, a lot has changed since then, but I can give you my experience.

Considering that LEMSA do not regulate a company but only emt/medics i am not sure why they would have any say over the name. It's the local city that regulate the company it self.

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver
Considering that LEMSA do not regulate a company but only emt/medics i am not sure why they would have any say over the name. It's the local city that regulate the company it self.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong, and frankly I don't care, but Riverside County EMS damn well regulates companies. Can't operate without a license from County EMS. Just sharing info, what the name of the company is doesn't matter to me, in my opinion it is mildly misleading, but no skin off my back.

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
I'm not saying it's right or wrong, and frankly I don't care, but Riverside County EMS damn well regulates companies. Can't operate without a license from County EMS. Just sharing info, what the name of the company is doesn't matter to me, in my opinion it is mildly misleading, but no skin off my back.

In that case i stand corrected, i do not do business in riverside county. I am used to la/oc.

iftmedic

Forum Lieutenant
CRA Ambulance employees are not very friendly.

Last edited by a moderator: