CONTOMS / Tac Med course

medic001

Forum Ride Along
Gidday all,
New member from Aust.
I'm travelling to US later this year to undertake a Tactical Medicine course. I looked at CONTOMS run by homeland security but I have no affiliation with a Law enforcement unit so they wont accept me.
Quite a few courses to choose from - it's really hard to know which one is best or has a good name.
Can anyone offer any suggestions to courses / organisations that you may know of or heard good reports from.
I'm a critical care Paramedic of 18 years / flight paramedic of 8 years and registered nurse of 20 years. Getting a bit old for this stuff but need a change.
I'm going to use LA as my base but will fly to wherever to do the course. Hoping to do some ride alongs / fly alongs whilst over in LA. Anyone willing to have me spend a day on a truck or helo with them?
Cheers
medic001

Luno

OG
Premium Member
Tac Med

You should really check out Dr. Keith Brown, ideally his full course is in Belize, but if not, I think there's a course in Monterey in August I believe. You should check out gorgrp.com. If you have any other questions, feel free to send me an e-mail.
-luke

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I know that a few guys on our private EMS service did con toms), have you asked them directly if they'd allow you? I heard it was an amazing experience.

Good luck, and Luno is the man when it comes to this stuff.