Commuting / Remote jobs

BEN52

Forum Crew Member
Hello,

I am looking for information on paramedic jobs that offer commuting (i.e.: oil rig medics on a 21on/21off rotation). I have heard about flight medic jobs in Alaska and the aforementioned oil rig jobs. Does anybody have any first hand knowledge on any jobs of this type?

Thanks,

Ben

troymclure

Forum Lieutenant
acadian ambulance has medics on many oil platforms in the gulf of mexico. its either 14/14, 14/21, etc...

ive worked with a few when i worked offshore in the dive industry.

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I work a 14/14 or 21/21 in the northern Alberta (Canada) oil sands in a clinic. I cant really help you with where to look for this kind of job in the US but I could answer some questions about the kind of work and whatnot.

BedpanCommando

Forum Probie
Hello,

I am looking for information on paramedic jobs that offer commuting (i.e.: oil rig medics on a 21on/21off rotation). I have heard about flight medic jobs in Alaska and the aforementioned oil rig jobs. Does anybody have any first hand knowledge on any jobs of this type?

Thanks,

Ben

Look up Beacon OHSS, Fairweather, or Total Safety. I think there are a few more but these are the big ones for medic support in the Alaska oil fields. I used to think 3 twelve hr shifts in a row sucked untill I did 21 in the oil patch. But the time off is great.

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
The company I use to work for offers 2 weeks on 2 weeks off http://nationalambulance.ae/
Mainly remote "bases" on land, some are oil plants and other critical infrastructures for resources. Bring an xbox and prepare to do absolutely nothing for 2 weeks except collect a big pay check. It was to much down time for my taste.

Last edited by a moderator: