Colorado State Test

firemedic0227

Forum Lieutenant
Anyone here familiar with the State of Colorado Paramedic exam? I am in the final stages of possibly being hired in the Denver Metro Area. I am currently National Registered and State Registered (another state) Paramedic. I have hear there are no reciprocity for NR or other State Licenses. I am just looking for a little information on what to expect with the state test so I am prepared if I do indeed get hired in Colorado.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Just fill out the application, send in the money for a background check, and show that you're Nationally Registered. There is no state test.

OP
OP
F

firemedic0227

Forum Lieutenant
Oh ok, I was under the understanding there was more to it than that. Are you familiar with any fire departments in the Metro Area? I am in the final selection for the Aurora Fire Department.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Colorado likes to say there isn't automatic reciprocity so they retain the right to deny state certification based on background check. There's really not much to it though. The only medical qualifications are NR.

Yeah, I know a bit about AFD. Great place to be a firefighter, not an awesome place to be a medic. Like everything else, depends what you're looking for. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to know more.

Last edited by a moderator: