Colorado EMT I class

Firechik

Forum Probie
I am about half way throught the EMT I class, enjoying the class and learning a lot. The class seems to be going really fast, and we dont have enough time to cover some topics. Several people in the class are struggling, luckily I am doing good so far.

My question,
How long are most colorado I class? This class is 4 months, it seems like a lot of information to cover in that amount of time. Class is 2 nights a week, 4 hours a night and six 8 hour saturdays.

newls1

Forum Probie
I feel the same way brother. Im only 1/4 way thru my EMT I class, and the class moves at a very fast pace. I feel overwhelmed at the end of every class, but maybe this is normal, who knows....... My schedule for classes is the exact same as yours. Im in the ATL area though.

OP
OP
Firechik

Firechik

Forum Probie
I am just curious what other class schedules are like. Some people that I have talked to have said that their class is 7 month, or two semesters.
We are starting our clinicals this week, so I have my full time job, class two days a week and my clinicals. Oh well, its getting close to the end.

james

Forum Crew Member
what part of colarodo are you taking your classes, I am in greeley and I am looking for a good class. But my time is very limited

nick

Forum Ride Along
I am in the Paramedic program at UMBC in Maryland. It is a college based program in which you get a bachelor's degree. I'm in my 4th and final year there. The actual medic program starts in the 3rd year. That year we take all of our "clinical" classes. These are ALL of our clinical classes. So our classes are in the fall and spring semesters. At the end of the 3rd year we test for NREMT-I and at the end of the last (4th) year we test for NREMT-P. However, in our last year there we have no "clinical" classes. There is a management side of the program. We take some of those classes in our 4th year.

So if you break it down by the number of weeks in a college semester (15 weeks) we have a total of 30 weeks of clinical classes. We also have clinical hours to complete during those semesters.

Last edited by a moderator: