Coffee intake???

enjoynz

Lady Enjoynz
Over the time we talk in the chat room, the issue of having a coffee
comes up often. If fact most of the folk that use the chat, often drink
coffee and lots of it.
I thought it would be interesting to see just how much coffee we do drink in a day?
I was reading in my Brady Emergency Care book under 'Dealing with stress', it says to 'Also reduce your comsumption of alcohol and caffeine, which can have negative effects, including an increase in stress and anxiety and disturbance of sleep patterns'. (So can the pager, but we won't go there!).

I drink on average 6 cups a day, and if I don't drink it, I end up with that nice coffee headache!

Looking forward to your replies!
Cheers Enjoynz

mikeylikesit

Candy Striper
3 big monster energy drinks per shift. we work 3-4 24's in a row and if i have too much i can't get to bed at the station^_^

ErinCooley

Forum Lieutenant
0 coffee, 1-20oz Mt. Dew per day typically and the rest water or sweet tea

karaya

EMS Paparazzi
Premium Member
I'm a decaf man now. Won't give up my Scotch though.

Bottoms up.

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
no coffee in the summer(too hot for hot coffee, hate iced).

when its cold, well i've said it before, when this ones empty you best hand me another one.

and unhealthy amounts of redbull year round

MSDeltaFlt

RRT/NRP
At the risk of censorship...

I can p*ss 100% Columbian and sh*t Juan Valdez.:ph34r:

... Lord, I apologize.

But in all seriousness, I don't count cups, I count pots.

Epi-do

I see dead people
Not a coffee drinker - I love the smell, but never developed a taste for it. Now, Dr. Pepper, on the other hand.....

NJN

The Young One
When off work 1-2 cups a day. On Duty, 6 ounces of coffee an hour , supplemented by as many mountain dews as i can afford and various other sodas. If coffee isn't a possibility (meaning its really really hot outside) a monster or rockstar down the hatch here and there. If i start with the stimulants, i have to keep going, otherwise, i crash worse than a biker into a big rig.

Meursault

Organic Mechanic
At work, I try to avoid it because of the crash. I get maybe 45 min. of wakefulness/productivity per 2 coffee cup equivalents.
When studying, I buy those Enviga drinks by the pack and supplement it with coffee when places are open and tea when they're not.

I'm also partial to a large Dunkin Donuts iced whenever.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Zero coffee.

Zero energy drinks.

Zero soda.

Zero tobacco.

Water, occassional gator ade, and lemonade is all I have ever drank in the 14 years I been doing this job.

Outbac1

Forum Asst. Chief
2 - 3 large coffees a day, sometimes more. Thats a decrease from what I used to drink. Never had any of those energy drinks. Coffee seldom keeps me awake I can usually go to sleep after one just fine. Its never too hot for coffee.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Not a coffee drinker - I love the smell, but never developed a taste for it...
Me too.

If I want a hot beverage, it is tea. If I feel an urge for caffeine, it is an AMP energy drink (Mt. Dew on steroids). If it is a cold beverage, it is likely to be a half gallon of the local dairy's diet iced tea... that lasts me a shift or two.
Soda-wise: Diet pepsi, then coke.

All told... Well... I think I'm actually addicted to caffeine. I actually went 2 weeks with no caffeine before noon, and only 1 soda total a day... and after the two weeks, I could function in the AM... then I had an energy drink in the morning and was a little jumpy. And then I was back on caffeine.

Belgian EMT/nurse

Forum Crew Member
mmm Coffee^_^,, 2 cups in the morning and 1 or 2 in the evening with a little piece of chocolat with that:p, just a great end of the day.

grtz

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
The back bone of EMS.......

I can tell when I am tired, the coffee cups keep getting bigger!! ( I have been drinking coffee since I have been 5 years old! ^_^) " STARBUCKS VENTI LATTE STAT!!!! :p

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
don't drink coffee or cola's just pop.
friend co-worker drinks diet coke: 6-12 24oz in a 24 hr shift. down from the 6-8 2 liters he used to do. always on a caffeine buzz.

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
I can tell when I am tired, the coffee cups keep getting bigger!! ( I have been drinking coffee since I have been 5 years old! ^_^) " STARBUCKS VENTI LATTE STAT!!!! :p

"What Do You Mean I Can't Go Though The Starbucks Drive Thru With The Ambulance!" :lol::lol::lol: Ah, some days are just sooooo funny! :p

Last edited by a moderator:

mdkemt

Forum Lieutenant
Enjoyz....Is this your way of telling me I need to stop drinking my 41cups record of coffee in a day. Today I am still on cup #1. But on average I drink about 12 cups of coffee in a 14 hour day!

I love every sip! And absolutely no problems sleeping after I drink coffee as well!! Bonus!:p

MDKEMT

jazminestar

Forum Crew Member
i usually start my morning with a cup of coffee.......not many a morning goes by without it, but once in a while i do tea, not much of a soda drinker, and if it's really hot out i'll have a very very bad energy drink.........but a cup o' joe is nice start to the morning :)

OP
OP
enjoynz

enjoynz

Lady Enjoynz
mmm Coffee^_^,, 2 cups in the morning and 1 or 2 in the evening with a little piece of chocolat with that:p, just a great end of the day.

grtz

Now that's just showing off!
We know Belgium has some of the finest chocolate in the world!
LOL

Cheers Enjoynz