City Ambulance - Eureka, CA

Thricenotrice

Forum Lieutenant
Anybody know anything about them? Can't find anything online or on the forums. All I know is they are in Eureka and do parts of Humboldt county. Also, can't find their protocols anywhere (although I only searched for 5 min on that topic). Any insight is appreciated!

OP
OP
Thricenotrice

Thricenotrice

Forum Lieutenant
Got a full time medic spot offer, in case anybody has some info for me ;)

(Mods, is this considered a bump?)

wildrivermedic

Forum Crew Member
Sorry, don't know anything about them except that they frequently advertise on Craigslist for medics. Did you take the job?

OP
OP
Thricenotrice

Thricenotrice

Forum Lieutenant
Haven't come to a decision yet. Need to pretty soon if I still want the offer.

Are you in that area at all?

DrankTheKoolaid

Forum Deputy Chief
Don't.............unless this is a first job. Otherwise research why turnover is so high is all i will say.

Also what reputable company hires from Craigslist, just food for thought.

Last edited by a moderator:

wildrivermedic

Forum Crew Member
I'm nearby but in another county, so we haven't crossed paths and I don't even know the gossip ;).

I did mention the frequent cragslist ads by way of a warning... the rapid turnover would be a red flag to me, if I was planning to relocate/change my life for the job.

Matches

Forum Probie
City Ambulance has some gnarly calls and some gnarly sup's. If you want 911, your going to get very good very fast or drown. Don't do a good job and you'll be answering to your co-workers. I'd suggest already having 911 experience for your own benefit, but they'll hire newbies. Be ready to work with some very big personalities, hence the turn over. The one good thing about the job that as far as calls go, it tends to be everything you'd hope to respond to and more.

HumLife

Forum Ride Along
I am "Them"

We use Craigslist because people like yourself job search there. We hire often because we loose a couple paramedics a year because they are accepted into Nursing school, PA school or move back where they came from for the job they couldn't get two years before because they had no experience.

We do have strong personalities and we build strong paramedics who have good skills and are able to think on their feet. The county offers so many call types in all types of settings and you are the only paramedic on most calls.
Those that can't handle that, need not apply.

Email me if you think you need more information.

DrankTheKoolaid

Forum Deputy Chief
Gotta sell yourself to this crowd of informed individuals.

What vehicles are you running type/mileage.

CMs and other equipment?

Paid education?

Union shop?

Protocols can be found here

Northcoastems.com

Curious do EMTs still have to start as taxi drivers for a year under the guise of (area orientation) With the cab company that is also owned by the ambulance service?

Last edited by a moderator: