CISD Training

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikie

Forum Lurker
Just one of those articles has 53 references so I guess it's your own fault that you decide to criticize without first doing the legwork to find the "debunking articles"

Of course he has many references; it's preventing plagiarism when you're using other people's work.

And I've read those articles- all from his website. They're all written and sponsored by him. Didn't you already mention confirmation bias?

What background does Dr. Bledsoe have in clinical psychology? It seems more of a vendetta against CISM and/or Mitchell

Last edited by a moderator:

BEorP

Forum Captain
He has, that was the first publication; and I'd like to see some of the debunking articles. I'm not trying to spark controversy or an argument, I would just like to see data that disproves. Psychology is not always a science after all...

And i couldn't agree more about JEMS being a trade magazine...personally, i think PhysioControl or Laerdal is their chief advertiser (though they do have a formal /peer-reviewed process, just not as prestigious as the NJEM or JAMA).

Of course he has many references; it's preventing plagiarism when you're using other people's work.

And I've read those articles- all from his website. They're all written and sponsored by him. Didn't you already mention confirmation bias?

What background does Dr. Bledsoe have in clinical psychology? It seems more of a vendetta against CISM and/or Mitchell

Did you look at any of the journal articles I posted? You said you weren't looking for a debate, but I don't understand why you seem so set on believing in CISD when there isn't evidence to support it.

I don't think that it is fair for you to suggest that Dr. Bledsoe has some kind of bias. What does he have to gain from debunking CISD? Or what do you think Mitchell ever did to him? Dr. Bledsoe is probably the strongest proponent of a shift to evidence based practices in EMS and he certainly shouldn't be criticized for this.

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief

I posted the links simply because I could not cut and past the original references from the PDFs. I figured you'd be smart enough to figure that out on your own.

Oh...you did apparently pay attention in whatever rudimentary level science courses you have taken.

What background does Dr. Bledsoe have in clinical psychology?

Let's see: physician with nothing to gain by debunking myths or clinical psychologist who has made a name for himself and a fair amount of money based off of a theory.

It seems more of a vendetta against CISM and/or Mitchell

Dr. Mitchell, is that you? LOL

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
This thread is going nowhere in a hurry, so it belongs to me for the next 24 hours, at least.

adminsn1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.