Chimpie: So How's the new job?

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Due to my "work the midnight syndrome" I no longer can sleep at night. I was going through all the posts I missed, and I'm not seeing the post ratio I expect from Chimpie.

So how's the new job? Now that you're a big-time guy with your own office, how is work treatin' ya? How are those TPS Reports coming along?

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by MMiz@Jul 17 2004, 06:22 AM
Due to my "work the midnight syndrome" I no longer can sleep at night. I was going through all the posts I missed, and I'm not seeing the post ratio I expect from Chimpie.

So how's the new job? Now that you're a big-time guy with your own office, how is work treatin' ya? How are those TPS Reports coming along?
Yeah, I know. My post numbers have dropped dramatically. That's mainly because I can't get on EMTLife.com at work. (stupid firewall proxy son of a *****) HAHA At my old job I could spend 3 hours of my shift online. Can't do that now.

Things are going well so far. Right now I'm learning the process, learning local, state and federal taxation, payroll processing... real dry stuff except the math. I've always loved math so that part comes real easy for me.

Beginning next month I'm flying up to Rochester for some in-depth training. I will learn the meat of the program there and when I get back ten days later I will have my own client load. The usually start the newbies out with about 50 clients right off the bat.

Basically what we do is payroll processing and tax assistance for small companies with 1-100 employees. You won't believe the number of clients we have with less than 10 employees. But heck, they want someone to do their payroll for them so I'm more than happy to be that person. McBee payroll (owned by Paychex) is a great company with HUGE growth. They gain about 1,500 new clients a year. They have been open for about 4 years and have nearly 6,000 clients.

From time to time I do think about Office Space and how much of it was true. I'm gonna have to rent that movie again and refresh my memory though. HAHA The drive to work isn't as bad as in the movie. I'm 7.1 miles from the office and it only takes 15 minutes. Most of my drive is through residental streets where the speed limit is 30mph. But it's free flowing so no sitting in traffic for me. WOO HOO

Maybe in another month or two, once I get comfortable in my new work environment, I will start getting myself recertified and possibly volunteer at the firestation down the street. The sad thing about this part of Florida is that there are no vollie departments. All of them are paid with some vollie openings. Nothing like it was back up in Indiana. I wanted to start taking EMT classes in October but I don't know if I'll have the money (about $700) for it or feel comfortable in my new position to take on that additional training as well.

Matt, thanks for thinking about me. That's what makes EMTLife.com so great. Being part of a community like this makes you feel "warm all over"!

Chimpie

:D

SafetyPro2

Forum Safety Officer
Ahh, Office Space. A true classic. I always feel sorry for that poor printer though. :p

Paychex actually does the payroll processing for the company I currently work for.

Glad to hear it's going well.