Can make my mind up

italk

Forum Crew Member
I am thinking about doing first responder. But, I can find one squad that excepts emr in my area of 07675 nj. They say they would get in big trouble but, when I asked some guy at the traing center they said that it was not kosher. Is there list of squads that allow it

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
Why not just take EMT?

Honestly EMT is only like 2 months more than CFR in some states.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Not this again.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Not this again.

+1

I do have to give italk props for composing a more legible post this time.

Italk. If you find a squad that takes EMR, go for it. Would be a good step for you I think.

MochaRaf

Forum Crew Member
I am thinking about doing first responder. But, I can find one squad that excepts emr in my area of 07675 nj. They say they would get in big trouble but, when I asked some guy at the traing center they said that it was not kosher. Is there list of squads that allow it

I most certainly agree with NYMedic828. Not that I don't believe that EMR is useful or serves its purpose, but why not just invest the extra 2 months and try for EMT again?

Also, aren't you already part of a local organization? Based on a previous post of yours, it definitely made it appear that you were. Err hold on, let me find the quote real quick.

I will pay for the course tommrow if my mother allows me. but, it sucks because I have more than 12 hours to bad nremt bunny can not grant my wishes.

after I got kicked out of emt school ; I traded my pager, my lights, and stuff for black pants, a polo and barcode scanner plus a screw driver. do not forget the pack cutter

Aside from a uniform perhaps, EMT school does not give you or even allow you to have any of the following equipment pieces you described above. Which is why I assumed you were part of a local squad already. And if you are, are they not able to provide you with further information or perhaps allow you to stay in their organization as an EMR? They must obviously see you as a good standing member if they allow you to have a pager and a dash light.

Since I already went digging into an older post for that previous quote, I figured I may as well give you some insight in regards to some other statements you have made.

screw the title!!!!!!!!!!

I used go on call till I was kicked out from emt school. I was good with people. But, what upsets me the most is that I was kicked on the last day. I may just go rescue instead I heard that was easier just have wait one year till I am 18

You do realize that the NJ EMT course is 140+ hours, so how can you have been kicked out on the last day if you only have been in the course for "12 hours". That makes absolutely no sense at all.

I found out would not have to take the course if some person were to vouch for me. I know that will never happen

I have never heard of that, and quite frankly I believe that statement to be pure nonsense. The state of New Jersey does not make special exemptions, especially for people who were unable to finish the class due to bad behavior. The state will absolutely not let you sit in on the exam unless you have completed the minimum required hours set by the state as well as have the approval of your coordinator/instructor.

SSwain

Forum Captain
Oh what a tangled web we weave.....

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
images

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C

But...I...must...increase...my...post...count!

As far as the original topic goes, I am having a bit of trouble decoding the problem. You want to know if there's a "rescue squad" in NJ that accepts EMR's?

emt11

Forum Lieutenant
Maybe it's just me, but I'm sensing a ricky rescue syndrome going on with the OP.

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Worry about graduating HS before you think of doing fr or emt again. Get help with your admittted anger issues. Take accountability for your actions and learn from them. If you can't do the above you should stay far away from ems for the sake of your community.

OP
OP
italk

italk

Forum Crew Member
I have to start the course from day one I asked the dude who runs it. but, I do not have to cpr since I have a cpr card that is valid. only have to do cpr test for the bls. I finally accept that I caused myself to get boot out of emt school it was not my groups fault it was my actions. I some what still with the squad but, not allowed to go on calls still I am in emt school again and pass

Last edited by a moderator:

RustyShackleford

Forum Crew Member
Hopefully you have a good Valium script this time...

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
And not to be mean, but please, PLEASE, take a writing course, it'll make things easier for you down the road if you choose to pursue an EMS career.

jemt

Forum Crew Member
I know alot of squads will take people just for Drivers, since the NJFAC only requires one EMT on a ambulance for a volunteer squad.

OP
OP
italk

italk

Forum Crew Member
Than why would my squad say they do not allow emr and told they would get in big trouble

OP
OP
italk

italk

Forum Crew Member
I asked and they said I could not ride and they would get in big trouble for using emr but, why can some towns use them

OP
OP
italk

italk

Forum Crew Member
I do not like driving big things I am still learning park my car without get the pole? I can treat but, they would not allow it and the captions son said I can not ride. I have it quotes from letters exchanged I can post

Last edited by a moderator: