RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Make sure you get the sarcasm.

OP
OP
T

Tk11

Forum Captain
Thanks guys for all the replies and advice. I've been told the woman who gave me the test PASSED me, so I don't see how they can say.. "You were passed on the lift test but were firing you anyway."

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Thanks guys for all the replies and advice. I've been told the woman who gave me the test PASSED me, so I don't see how they can say.. "You were passed on the lift test but were firing you anyway."
Wasn't your original question about whether you "may" lose your job?

If they don't fire you, congrats on the new job. If they do, I guess it's for something else. Sounds like you have to wait and see where the chips fall at this point.

OP
OP
T

Tk11

Forum Captain

If they don't fire you, congrats on the new job. If they do, I guess it's for something else. Sounds like you have to wait and see where the chips fall at this point.
At that point I didn't know that I passed it. I was told "Your heart rate exceeded your limit but you did a job good on everything" when I left the place. I called HR and asked if they reviewed the results I was told I passed but they passed the results along to operations manager. We'll see what happens. This is a company that DIDNT drug test me upon employment by the way......

OP
OP
T

Tk11

Forum Captain

At that point I didn't know that I passed it. I was told "Your heart rate exceeded your limit but you did a job good on everything" when I left the place. I called HR and asked if they reviewed the results I was told I passed but they passed the results along to operations manager. We'll see what happens. This is a company that DIDNT drug test me upon employment by the way......

SixEightWhiskey

Forum Crew Member
Just out of curiosity for the OP and anyone else who has replied, do most of your employers require a PAT prior to being hired? is this FD or municipal-based or for a private? I've worked for several different private and hospital based EMS agencies in the Northeast and the only pre-hire requirement was a pretty standard physical.

BigDon

Forum Ride Along
^ I know I'm a little late to the party, but I was curious about a PAT for a private service as well.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
^ I know I'm a little late to the party, but I was curious about a PAT for a private service as well.
They exist. IME not a major 12 station timed circuit like a Biddle or CPAT per say, but at my first 911 private company they had a PAT where you had to GS carry one of their husker employees up and down the parking lot twice with one of the other new hire testees (is that even the right word?) And then he layed down on a backboard, and we had to lift from the ground to waist level and do that like 5 times. Not exactly the most difficult PAT out there but was simple and straight forward enough. And yes, if you couldn't pass it, they would rescind the job offer, or give you a few weeks in the gym to come back and retry, but you would not get hired without passing it first.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?