can i do my training in Texas AND New jersey?

wutthedutch

Forum Probie
im certified emt-b in texas but i can get free school since my dads a dean in jew jersey, can i take the paramedic or aemt course in new jersey and pay to transfer lisences? i plan to do that school there to be with family and then come back to texas for the RN transition course or just transfer and be a paramedic here in texas again

this is the only opportunity ill probably ever get to see that half of my family so im determined to find a way

Last edited by a moderator:

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
If you have a NR card Texas will take your money. Be advised most reputable schools anywhere will drug test you as clinical sites demand it.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
If you have a NR card Texas will take your money. Be advised most reputable schools anywhere will drug test you as clinical sites demand it.

I'm so confused where drug testing came into the picture :huh: It's not rocket science though, you will have access to narcotics and will be operating under an MD's DEA number for those drugs. You will have to piss in a cup whether you like it or not. Any EMS or Nursing job is going to be the same way.

OP the whole point of the National Registry is to allow people to move between states. Some states require the NREMT for initial certification.

Go the Jersey, take the class, take the NREMT and start applying for state certs in the state that you want to work in.

Alright, you struck a nerve of mine so I', apologizing in advance, sorry. If you want to be a RN go to nursing school. Paramedic is not a stepping stone to nursing! I'm tired of people saying they want to be a paramedic to "get ready" for nursing school, they are two totally different specialties. If you really want to be a medic and a nurse, go to medic school then go to nursing school or visa-versa, the online bridge courses aren't always accepted by state licensing boards and I'd be willing to bet a BSN or even an ADN would get a job over you and your Medic to RN bridge with everything else equal, but that's just my opinion.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
Probably because in a previous thread the OP implied they smoke marijuana and argued it was better than alcohol.

Back to the point, I agree with Rob. If you want to be a nurse just go to nursing school, especially if you get some sort of tuition break. Nursing school is way more expensive than paramedic school.

Bullets

Forum Knucklehead
im certified emt-b in texas but i can get free school since my dads a dean in jew jersey, can i take the paramedic or aemt course in new jersey and pay to transfer lisences? i plan to do that school there to be with family and then come back to texas for the RN transition course or just transfer and be a paramedic here in texas again

this is the only opportunity ill probably ever get to see that half of my family so im determined to find a way

There is no AEMT in NJ

To take you paramedic course, you have to get sponsored by one of the Medic projects in NJ, which may involve signing some form of contract, depending on the project.

You are then looking at minimum 2 semesters of class time, followed by 800 hours of clinical time during your rotation, then ride time with a truck, then the test

OP
OP
wutthedutch

wutthedutch

Forum Probie
oh ok so id probably just have to get a nj state lisence? no worries though i stopped smoking im on zoloft now :)